AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Bob Vollmer

What can I say??ÿ That's a lot of traverse points! N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New guy

any particular reason to stay with only these two brands? And, have you tried the factories over there? N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Survey consensus among professionals

@bill93, yes, I know, but, if you provide the proper metadata, then the rotational paradigm becomes fixed. If it is not provided, then it is still fla...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Survey consensus among professionals

Another problem is you will sometimes find a bearing to simply be a concept.... It's not a mechanical reality. Like the 2"x4" lumber fiasco. Lowes got...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Survey consensus among professionals

Bearings are not absolute. They are relative. Many/nearly all/most landowners are devoid of this fact. Comparing bearings, between surveys, is a usele...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Dog Repellant Experience?

Possibly bear spray. It seems pretty strong, and comes in big sizes. It also sprays far. N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Survey consensus among professionals

Dave has a good answer. I personally have gotten in real deep on this kind of thing. Come up with answers. You said yourself that it was a pity that t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Dogs best Surveyors Friend?

Yes, I calibrate my compass to our rat terrier. Her name is OCD. We call her OC for short. My plats for many years read: Basis of Bearings, OCD, @ 10:...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Survey consensus among professionals

Welcome to Chaos-Ville! I have a few questions. Are you hiring these surveyors? How much money are you out on surveyors? I feel like you could benefit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Which JAVAD rig?

Well, @half bubble, since the t3 is out, there should be some left over t-2's available, at some less than new costs. I paid 5k for mine, new. I don't...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Which JAVAD rig?

Reverse shift, (has changed now, to be M-local. It stands for multiple local, when reverse shift was expanded, to allow shooting multiple known points...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS vs. GNSS

John is right. Post process static, out in the open, is still a quite viable mechanism. But, rtk, and such, in the woods, is quite useful. The more co...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Which JAVAD rig?

The best would be T3 on base. Your choice of base to rover com's. And the LS as rover. Now, to mount the base on a truck.... I don't think any are bet...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Exemption from subdivision regs

Now now... Why should we exempt you? I think you should monument all points. Supply all metadata. And send the bill to the state. Har har har Now, get...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice to younger surveyors

On the survey equipment front: Call up other surveyors. Who use various brands of gps. Ask to shadow them for a day. Learn all you can. It's a little ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Which JAVAD rig?

The John Evers report is: A new saying: Javad did not just raise the bar. The bar is gone.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Celebrating another trip around the sun -- and a friendly ask

I'm a cheapskate. But, I have it set up to donate monthly. It's not a big donation. But this is the most valuable surveyor resource anywhere. Period. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Which JAVAD rig?

The Triumph 3 is out now. It's a multi-constellation base, with internal 1 watt transmitter. It can be run with Bluetooth connection to an external ra...

7 years ago
Page 95 / 527