AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Making a Map of my HOA

If there is a HOA, it's simply time to move, where there are more mobile homes, more fishing holes, and some woods to hunt. :)?ÿ N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Reminiscing

@Bruce small We also had a 100' "cut tape".?ÿ (For those not familiar, the first foot of the tape, had the hundredths. So... If the guy holding feet...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 551
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

@ricaltman, Your cell phone compass is probably kinda neat. But, it will not do. If you set up a real instrument, and made 36 lines (rays) from one p...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

Ok, then do you have a compass to do this? If not, then I understand. I use a Suunto. Others like a Brunton. You will want something better than a b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

We still want to see the Cap'ns compass! Thanks N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

There could be a meets & bounds desc, with a typo in it? N

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

Its also a good idea to check the declination in more than one place.?ÿ Post a pic of your compass. We all like nostalgia. Our minds go back to early...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

Well, you are a boat cap'n. You want to use your tools you are familiar with. From Tha era, we may not know the declination. We would often use a com...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

@ricaltman Could you provide a top down, pic of that plat, and especially the area in question? Also, have you succeeded in finding the 2 pins, at t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm confused. Bearing/degrees

Sometimes we are confused too. And, the only way to get unconfused is to invest time in the deed records, and in the neighborhood. The more time we s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tales

I'm right there, with A Harris. When you cannot pee off your front porch, due to traffic, and neighbors, it's time to MOVE to the country. (Of cours...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Dr. Javad Ashjaee

Sad. For his family, for the surveying community, and for the general state of the world. He made enormous contributions to spatial gps data everywher...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tales

Pow! There goes me bubble.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tales

I can stare at a transit for hours, and memories flood my mind. Some are good, and some scare me! 🙂 ?ÿ N ?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 23
Views: 1564
Page 87 / 527