AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mike-berry
mike-berry
@mike-berry
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 6:38 am
Last seen: August 2, 2026 8:41 pm
Topics: 183 / Replies: 1135
Reply
RE: Portland surveyors in action

Lands sakes alive, things have changed with the additional whippersnapper digit. We "passed" the test back in the murky, long-ago?ÿ4 digit past.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Portland surveyors in action

Tyler - I was looking at a copy of that database when I posted the?ÿoregon survey licensing trivia quiz?ÿa while back. My copy goes up to 2000 and say...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Portland surveyors in action

When I got the text I replied back "That's Mark Mayer!" but she's too shy to have said "howdy" to you. Good thing, what with it not being you. I would...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Portland surveyors in action

Not at all Wendell. The last 4 digit PLS number was issued in 1998. If a new licensee in the 1998 class was 14 years old, they'd just be a hipster tod...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1382
Reply
RE: What is a DO? Original Texas Land Survey of Lavaca County

The word "DO" also means ditto. So if it used in a list after the first one is called out, then it means it is the same as the one above it. ?ÿ Like 2...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How or why did you become a surveyor?

Just out of high school in 1975 I enrolled in the forest technology program at Central Oregon Community College. I had no idea what forestry was all a...

8 years ago
Reply
8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon survey licensing trivia quiz

David - The list doesn't sort well once you get to the five digit numbers - I resorted it by date and 35 PLS licenses were issued between January and ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon survey licensing trivia quiz

Like Mark said above and alluded to in a previous post, a lot of grandfathered PEs did some bad work.?ÿUnless you're familiar with his work,?ÿa big re...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon survey licensing trivia quiz

The answer to question 2 answered question 2 correctly. Mark Mayer was issued the last 4 digit PLS number in Oregon.

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1454
Reply
RE: Quantities on Prairie Dog Piles

JaRo, I don't know. I kind of doubt it from the demo I saw 3 years ago, but then again they've been doing this for a number of years so they may have ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Quantities on Prairie Dog Piles

A year after posting the John Henry post below, I went to an informal talk given by the company's founder David Boardman. Interesting cat. He was cont...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ken Grantham, Oregon PLS 2282

Last month members of the PLSO set a monument honoring Ken's contribution to land surveying here in Central Oregon. See the attached pdf. Criminy, th...

8 years ago
Page 14 / 66