AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: National Geodetic Survey - SIX entry-level openings

@james-fleming Your comments are on target for a big bureaucratic organization. Many, many years ago the company where I was an aspiring actuary impl...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Investments, IRA's, 401's etc.

@mike-marks That's a pretty sound move in this low-interest-rate environment. Stay as short and as liquid as you can while getting the highest rate a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Investments, IRA's, 401's etc.

Never buy stocks on Friday.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another challenge

@holy-cow You are absolutely right about the bloated egos of many teachers. At the inner city school where I taught for 7 years, we had a drafting te...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another challenge

@holy-cow Agreed, but consider this: Some so-called __________ aren't really ___________. Fill in the blanks with any profession or occupation and yo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Your GNSS Vectors Match Your EDM Slope Measurements - In Case You Didn't Know 🙂

@wildt2 Lab is probably a better term than playground; to me, they're both. One aha moment for me came when I saw the difference between a CBL's Stat...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another challenge

@a-harris Yeah, me too, except that I use different software. John Nolton's second answer, ~ -2.98, is correct, but I used a computer algebra system ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another challenge

We can graph the function that's being integrated and at least determine the sign of the answer. The Foo Plot online grapher gives this: The integra...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Your GNSS Vectors Match Your EDM Slope Measurements - In Case You Didn't Know 🙂

Right. While the elevation factors create a sloped straight line, the scale factor is a periodic function in a Lambert projection. Over short distance...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Your GNSS Vectors Match Your EDM Slope Measurements - In Case You Didn't Know 🙂

CBLs are also a good playground for calculating distances, although the one in Midland won't work because its points don't have data sheets. The CBL i...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Headright

I can't answer your questions, but I can give you a link that might help: My mother grew up on a land grant farm in southern Virginia. I've been tol...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Young Surveyor

For a bit of homebrew leveling, look at chapter 23. Chapter 22 sets it up -- an aqueduct from the spring to the house.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Young Surveyor

@bill93 I think he said to the center of the blazed trunk. Pretty good piece of geometry, though.    

7 years ago
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 831
Reply
RE: Surveyor's office desk...

@daniel-ralph Interesting. Thanks!  

7 years ago
Reply
RE: It finally happened.

Just ignore the bill and let the county sell it to satisfy the unpaid taxes.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's office desk...

@cameron-watson-pls I think that I read years ago that Jeff Bezos' first desk when he started Amazon was a door supported by cinder blocks in his gar...

7 years ago
Page 68 / 114