AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@a-harris You raise good questions. The whole idea of left triangles and wrong triangles was just a play on words. One of the hard transitions to geo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@a-harris Almost. Consider the diagram below: Both triangles ABC and ABD are 3-4-5 right triangles. Note that they form a quadrilateral consistent ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@a-harris I think it's tighter than that. The two triangles have to be congruent. If their hypotenuses (hypotenii?) are equal, then either a leg from...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@micheal-daubyn-2 ???? I think we all have a hundred or so similar things stashed around. Here's a picture of a solution done in Google sheets. It's ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

Use the calculation form in the accompanying textbook; don't use that fancy new stuff: ?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@loyal Yes, I was using the present statutory boundaries. That 34th meridian seems to have been difficult to pin down.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@loyal Well, the first time I looked at it, I used 34 degrees, the west side of Utah.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@mark-silver We can get close to the longitude published on the sign from this old publication: On page 38, we're told that the adopted longitude ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Todayƒ??s View

@holy-cow Looking for a corner to ....?ÿ ?ÿ Seems like a national custom.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@mark-silver And here's the snippet from the NGS Data Explorer Satellite View. The superseded coordinates on the data sheet match the ones in Publica...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@mark-silver Here's Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia. ?ÿ NC, GA, and SC also have a marker, an Ellicott's Rock originally?ÿ I have no plans to ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@john-nolton The NGS map finder shows this satellite photo: and this map: No mark is identified. Maybe all the Garmins pushed the Trimbles out.

6 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Where do you carry yours?

I'm not a fan of handguns, but I do favor revolvers. The guy in the picture is probably safe, but I'd worry about a DIY peckerectomy if I carried one ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

@john-nolton No, that was a bit before my time.?ÿ

6 years ago
Page 59 / 114