AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

There's an old joke about a fellow seen repeatedly banging his head against a post. When asked why, he replied, "Because it feels so good when I stop!...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Star*net question: horizontal errors caused by vertical mistakes?

Does Star*net allow an azimuth in a DV record? Isn't the purpose of the DV record type to allow inclusion of azimuth free records?

10 months ago
Reply
RE: AI "helper"

If you're using Google, then it often gives wrong answers and corrects itself when you "dive deeper." Often contradictory info between first answer an...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Interesting. But if you enter 1.00000000, you get ground. What would you get if you entered 1.000000001? Better still, what if you entered 0?  

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Handheld Consumer grade GNSS?

Two packages let you enter points into your computer and download them to Garmin GPS units and maybe others. DNRGPS originated at Minnesota Departme...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: 2026 Solar Ephemeris

@landbutcher464mhz Be sure to scroll down to the links to spreadsheet apps. You can choose a lat/lon and time of day and date and get a mind-numbin...

10 months ago
Reply
10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@jon-payne So we know there's a difference, but how do we know that there's a problem with Surveyor's coordinates and not RFC's coordinates or no p...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@landbutcher464mhz I can see from my spreadsheet that 3102/1:2 has the largest difference of squares, but how do you know that the problem is with ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@landbutcher464mhz Yes, you can do that, but I've always been wary of leaving out data. That's where statistics sometimes turns into lies. If I w...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@landbutcher464mhz Below is a screenshot from Geogebra, a math tool. It shows RFC's Eastings as the x-coordinate and Surveyor's Eastings as the y-c...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@landbutcher464mhz I gave you a snippy reply and I want to apologize for that. No excuses, just an I'm sorry for that. As you've pointed out, the...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor missing in Texas 1930s

@hpalmer WPA -- Works Progress Administration

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

No, your description is great, I just sometimes skim rather than read. Dropping a pin on GE and reading lat/lon is subject to two main error sources...

11 months ago
Page 4 / 114