Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
@john-putnam?ÿ I certainly wouldn't argue the point, but read this description from an NC surveyor. Go down to this heading:?ÿ Do you have to be lice...
Your prospective client should plant blue flags in a line parallel to the forester's line, one for each of the orange ones, but 10 to 15 feet toward t...
Deepest sympathy. There are no words, but we're all thinking of you.
@paden-cash?ÿ Great model. When I was working my way through college in a furniture factory, the company had its own line of metal dinette suites, bu...
The crux of the problem seems to be that nobody knows what the coordinates represent -- state plane, ground from state plane, something the equipment ...
Speech to text converter.
Sometimes it's hard to remember that State Plane was intended to simplify surveying. Well, Oscar Adams did have this outlandish idea that if every poi...
@mightymoe?ÿ Yes, when Texas took the reciprocal of the combined factor, they renamed the result. I wasn't there when it happened, but it can be argu...
@rover83?ÿ I think that was a common problem left over from the pre-electronic calculator days, when multiplication was much easier than division. We...
150dpi.jpg (4361??3311) (usra.edu) One of many found here: Lunar Chart (LM) Series (usra.edu)
@rover83 When I first started playing around with map projections and their associated mathematics, I was awed by State Plane projections and the fit...
@shawn-billings?ÿ "... the single parallel that will deliver the same projection surface as a 2-parallel definition will not have an even minute valu...
@rj-schneider?ÿ Yep, that's a good analysis. The reason for abandoning the explicit assignment of the two parallels is to allow for choosing a centra...
@bill93?ÿ Yes, but notice that this assigns a central parallel rather than calculating it from the two secant parallels. Follow it through to the sca...
@rover83?ÿ You raise interesting points. In Stem's derivation of the Lambert projection, he first defines the two Standard Parallels and then uses th...