Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
It's just part of the business plan. Cost of building and maintenance are going to be higher, so the location has to offer a near certainty of generat...
Ten to lifers in prisons all across the land are taking note.?ÿ
@fugarewe?ÿ First, while you're accomplished with QGIS, I would classify myself as a dabbler in QGIS. I haven't done much with QGIS since that post o...
@xuv224?ÿ The short answer to your question about coordinate conversions, achieving one of your goals, is YES. There is an assumed ellipsoid underlyi...
@holy-cow?ÿ My son, the MBA, says that he learned marketing by watching F-Troop.
Here is a simplified diagram of a Lambert map of the form of the Texas North Central SPCS: The black circles are latitudes, the orange lines are lon...
@dmyhill?ÿ Indeed, @holy-cow and @olemanriver each gave only one significant digit, so comparing beyond that accuracy is improper. Edit: Actually, @...
@olemanriver?ÿ I checked it three different ways. At age 76, I try not to shoot from the hip, 'cause I'm not always sure where my hip is.
Now, everybody remember that this math is a deterministic model while we live in a?ÿprobabilistic world. That's why rules of thumb sometimes give bet...
@olemanriver?ÿ 40 thousandths of an inch is more than 3 thousandths of a foot which is worse than he's doing with the total station.
@gary_g?ÿ A footnote to the problem: "Suggested by Professor Teddy Koukounas of Suffolk Community College, who learned of it from an old farmer in V...
I objected to the diagram, similar to Bill's comment. It seems that I find more and more things objectionable nowadays. C1 is the rope tie point. As...
@dave-o?ÿ @bill93 Indeed. Writing real-world questions is hard; space and time are limited, so wording has to be tight but reasonably simple. The wr...
I've spent my share of time fighting over wording and answers to standardized test questions, winning a few and losing many, but convinced only once t...
NC State University has a publication that helps landowners through the sale of their timber. A word search produces more than 30 instances of the wor...
@mark-mayer?ÿ He pretty much lost me when he replaced monumented locations with least squares locations on the map, making the map automatically disa...
First things first. Be sure that you know the meanings of?ÿradial distance, radial offset, and?ÿradius point. This video shows the development of a c...