AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: What is a "ground" measurement?

Vincenty used the distance at the mean height of the two endpoints as the distance to reduce to an ellipsoid distance. How that translates to this dis...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Localization vs site calibration

@michigan-left?ÿ "5000,5000,100 coordinates are on a flat plane too. Plane geometry = rectangular grid." Are you saying that (5000, 5000, 100). (505...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is a "ground" measurement?

Well. Whether you're on the earth's surface or taking a geometry exam, it takes three points to determine a plane. If you don't believe that, try to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a bit of peer review... (error propagation)

@bill93?ÿ He'd be all over it, wouldn't he?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a bit of peer review... (error propagation)

but I dont believe the order of observations bear any weight of the derived result.?ÿMy point here is that, had the first sample met your criteria, th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a bit of peer review... (error propagation)

The variances of samples drawn from a normal distribution follow the Chi square distribution. Look here for more: 1.3.5.8. Chi-Square Test for the Va...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a bit of peer review... (error propagation)

I interpreted your single face observation, where you divided by sqrt(0.05) as being a single observation. It seems that you want the sample variance...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a bit of peer review... (error propagation)

I often get in trouble with error propagation calculations, so I'll defer to Bill and not comment on the math. But here are two questions from reading...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is another name for this?

Instrument has a long history. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing

@holy-cow?ÿ My comment, I hope you know, was tongue in cheek, but I know the problem well. We met the owners of a NC beach house that we had rented f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing

@holy-cow?ÿ Ahem. The owners are from North Carolina. By inferring that North Carolina and South Carolina are in some sense alike, you have insulted ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Convergence

It's pronounced "nawth" of course.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: The Mathed Cruthader Thtrikes Again

Some people like to complicate things just to show off. Here's a non-calculus solution, but I don't know why the mathedmatician thought it was an area...

4 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Are you ready?

@bill93?ÿ Well, I can say anything I want to say. As you pointed out, if the fly flies at twice the speed of the trains, it will fly one mile, so, ob...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Are you ready?

@bill93?ÿ Yes. The fly has to fly faster than the trains or else it can never get started. It's a cool problem because it has a simple solution and ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Are you ready?

Hint: Assuming that the trains are travelling?ÿtowards each other, and will collide, squishing the fly, the fly will travel 1 mile.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Are you ready?

Two locomotives are one mile apart travelling in opposite directions at the same speed on the same track. A fly is flying back and forth between the t...

4 years ago
Page 25 / 114