AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Bureaucrats Need Math Lessons

Point out the significant digits in the city's result. Then claim that they're discriminating against the client because he's (insert best category he...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Sin cos tan of exterior right triangle

I never used those memory aids when I was a student and only learned about them when I started teaching at age 56. My colleagues had one to remember t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Sin cos tan of exterior right triangle

That is a really well-designed problem. The figure is drawn on an xy plane with the hypotenuse originating at the origin. BStrand is spot on. Note tha...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Project - Large Relief. How to setup multiple scale factors

I've been away for a while. I'm familiar with a Local Tangent Plane in terms of a plane coordinate system designed so that the projection plane is tan...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Project - Large Relief. How to setup multiple scale factors

One like this, using LIDAR and problematic relief, just cries out for using XYZ coordinates. All distances calculated from these coordinates would be ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Project - Large Relief. How to setup multiple scale factors

Is the 7 miles like the odometer distance along the road or the straight line distance from beginning to end?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Ooops. My bad. I've been away too long. The combined factor converts between ground and grid, not ground and ellipsoid. ChatGPT is smarter than I am!!...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Here's the other side of the question. It seems that ChatGPT can get from A to B after a fashion, but going from B to A .... If two points on the eart...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

One of the characteristics of AI is its ability to "learn" from its experiences. Perhaps ChatGPT and Copilot both learned from the earlier interaction...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

I continued the conversation this morning. Just another example of never using the excuse "that's what the computer said." Shouldn't you divide the el...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

AI is superb at database applications, so there may be a use in title searches, deed searches and such. I'm not enough of a visionary to see field or ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

Well, I asked ChatGPT this question. I think it needs a bit more "learning." if the ellipsoidal distance between two points is 1000 feet and the combi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: All you GPS gurus should love this area

Wasn't there a Stuckey's just out of the bottom left of the picture?

2 years ago
Page 11 / 114