AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Geologists

I have no advice, but I will share an anecdote.In summer of 1992 I was at Columbia University for a two-week seminar, studying "state of the art" stra...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Baseline--Bill's intermediate pointsThat's an interesting question that you raised about geodetic (great circle) lines becoming straight grid lin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Baseline--Bill's intermediate pointsI guess we have a different level of expectations. I was excited that our coordinates agreed so closely. Beca...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Page Baseline--Bill's intermediate pointsA couple of years ago, I wrote a spreadsheet that computes intermediate points on a geodetic line. It's kind ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical angle

Now this is the kind of stuff that has fascinated me for years about the area where math and surveying meet.Norman and Digger both get the same 17 sec...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Page Base (Again) Computations

Here's a link to an article in a XLVIII No. 10 issue of Engineering News that gives a bit of insight into the process. Also some pictures.See page 162...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you ID this Survey Marker?

Shouldn't the wheels be under the wagon?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Long-Tailed Mice

Not sure if you're asking me or the holy one, but that's very true about the long-tails on interrupted start-ups. I have one of those still in plastic...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Long-Tailed Mice

I use wireless ones now. I despise the touch pads on laptops, so after struggling with one on vacation a couple of years ago, I bought my first wirele...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Talk about screwed up...

That's the way I remember it. Multiplying by the DAF is the same as dividing by the CF. When converting, you have to use the operation that matches th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Talk about screwed up...

Is there a difference in the meanings of "project factor" and "scale factor"? I seem to remember discussing with MightyMoe a similar situation where t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvCE - Problems Averaging Same RTK Point ID

So the error occurred when the software averaged the two points that had the same number, but they're two different points.142 and the first 143 are t...

11 years ago
Page 105 / 114