AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 12:03 pm
Topics: 10 / Replies: 1163
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Here are the coords for the translated and rotated points. I translated your points by moving all of them so that 500 moved to 100. I then rotated aro...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

It is easy math for the translate. And you have it right.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

I will if someone doesn't beat me to it, but I can't do it today.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Whopper of a solar storm hit last night, a G4: Severe

Shot 4 points with RTK today then used a gun between them all. The worst miss was 0.02'. That is unusual but in a good way.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Road Records - Student Question

You might go here and then call the coordinator listed for the area in which your road exists.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@rfc This is just a google result. I have no idea if it is correct or not. Google Earth uses the international foot (0.3048 meters) for its intern...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@rfc Those coordinates shown in the picture would about 3.33' away from the same coordinates in US survey feet if they were placed on the ground. I'm ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

@rfc Vermont State Plane coordinates expressed in International feet will put you in a different place on the ground than Vermont State Plane coordina...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

If you are using coordinates in the millions. for example 1,000,000 northing 2,000,000 easting for US Survey feet then International feet will be 1,00...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Elevation of NGS Point

Ellipsoid height - geoid height = ortho height.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Found?

@peter-lothian That was what I was thinking. If that screw is within 0.02' of record distance, I'm betting it does not mark the location of the stone ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Found?

How close does the distance have to be to match record for a stone?

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

@norman-oklahoma Are you arguing that monuments can't be controlling if the parties were not aware of them at the time of exchange of deeds? I can sho...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

@bill93 Every metal detector should add that capacity to discharge magnetism to an area where there is no tell tale sound from the detector. The first...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

@jimcox I can't even figure out what the heck you bought, except I know it is some type of lumber. 🙂

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

That statement in the manual is so absurd it serves as a good example of why rules should not be used in place of judgement.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

If more people had to directly contribute to the payment of liability insurance premiums, there would be more blunder busting occurring.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Do I read the Babel Hathi trust excerpts correctly? They all reaffirm that original monuments should be held except for the Seattle case where they we...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Pin cushions are most definitely a problem. They reflect a lack of diligence in finding existing monuments. They reflect a lack of judgement when a se...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

@gary_g Are there states that allow PK or concrete nails to be set as boundary corners?

11 months ago
Page 7 / 59