Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 13, 2026 9:21 pm
It's one thing to set 3+ control points using base/rover doing time separated repeat observations in open skys to achieve <0.01m Hz and <0.02m V...
Fieldwork is a bit like bathroom renovations, you don't know if the framing is rotten till you get the lining off. In the same way with fieldwork it i...
@shelby-h-griggs-pls Yes those are one of the options I hear good things about but not available in this part of the world.
@absurveyor18548 Thanks for that feedback So even on the side of the road you find the volume enough? Do you ever drop it down to the me...
@landman What are you using currently to compare it to? Anymore specific feedback on repeatability vs total station etc. Can't see much else arou...
@micheal-daubyn-2-2-2-2 Looks like they are but not selling survey gear based on the website. I thought ~1k a service was a fair wack, what do the...
Be the opposite for me I suspect down here in NZ, we orientate our houses to face north for the sun here. Makes sense with the concentration of satell...
Is this checking against total station work or just GNSS repeatability? Have had GNSS give the same wrong result twice before with same multipath etc.
No, just Global Survey for Leica gear. ~1k per robotic total station service, takes them a day per instrument.
@lurker Fair point, that spec sheet does not explicitly mention a single epoch. Neither do Trimble R980 or Leica GS18 datasheets but thought the I...
@goodgps Thanks for the comments. I think most GNSS (even the old GPS only units) can usually check in around 5mm hz and 10-15mm v for rep...
Clearly not with the robot but the Sokkia tribrach and the Sokkia AP41 plummet make an excellent backsight/GNSS base tool as you can check calibration...
Agree this is a great method but have found some of my older tribrachs clamp my newer Geomax (Lecia) instrument such that it does not rotate on a hori...
I've wondered if a simpler approach to this is to use a torpedo level on side of the pole in clay dirt so bipod and pole firmly in place. Check on all...
These are the go-to for control points in concrete here, 6mm bit in rotary hammer drill for the shaft and a 10mm bit to countersink. If you get the on...
The CS20/Captivate was a disappointing successor to the CS15/Smartworx Viva. So much heavier and Captivate does not have proper pinch to zoom or usab...
Why do you want a 360° one? I find for topo in the wide open where the tracking may be useful then it's GNSS anyway. I'm only using total station arou...
You've come to a great spot, lots of interesting surveying discussion here.