AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: Anyone Planning to Attend the South Dakota Society of Professional Land Surveyors Conference, January 5-7, 2022?

I can highly recommend all of Gene's presentations. Although I haven't attended as many as I would have liked to, he always presents a LOT of valuable...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Breakdown Calculation Program ?

Speak for yourself Dave, a "datum point" dimple is SOP around these parts. Of course a BIG Cap helps keep the "point" on the cap! ????

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Breakdown Calculation Program ?

Imperial entanglements are more the rule than the exception in much of the Mountain West. This is especially true of Sections that include Mineral Sur...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Breakdown Calculation Program ?

Maybe...but I suspect that most folks have "programs" either on their Computers or their data collectors that will do that. If not, the NGS "NCAT" pro...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Section Breakdown Calculation Program ?

Well assuming that you have geodetic coordinates on your RTK shots, you can compute geodetic bearings. BUT, the CALL "East on the forty line" makes th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Chains to feet conversion

I agree with Dave (I think). If the guy is using a "chain" (or a tape graduated in links), and he measures 0.08 chains (8 links), then THAT is the "di...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors with Side Arms

Yup (10mm Glock 20), but 99% of my field work is in BFE, and it's highly unlikely that I would see anything on two legs that would worry about such th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: MSL height difference with different brands

As pointed out by others above, there are a number of possibilities, all of which need to be addressed and verified. Vertical Datum(s) GEOID Model ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Roundabout

I rolled into this sucker one morning on my way from the airport to my hotel, and did 3 or 4 circuits before I could get out of it (scared the crap ou...

5 years ago
Reply
5 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

Railroad "Right of Ways" can be easy, hard, really hard, or nearly impossible, but like many survey problems, they require extensive research and vary...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Intro plus questions and advice

The same Jim that I remember from CK?ý ??? I talk with Tim from time to time, I think that "we" are all retired (or expired) these days. Good to hea...

5 years ago
Page 7 / 187