AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Keyboards! Mechanical??

Back in about 1981 (or so), I was working for a consulting firm here in Wyoming and they bought a new Wang Computer system (2200 MVP as I recall). Any...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hewlett Packard - 3820A Total Station

I used several 3820A(s) in the late 70s and early 80s on various types of projects. I liked them for the most part, but they were HEAVY! My shoulder n...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Utah State Specific Exam

I took the Utah exam in 1978, so anything I have to add is probably a bit outdated! ????

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Manual of Surveying Instructions

Very nice, I'm jealous!!! ?ÿ J.H. Winwood (on the 1928 Manual) Job Henry Winwood (1875-1953) was one of the best U.S. Mineral Surveyors in this nec...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Picture From Nevada

After looking at the "new" BLM photos and the "OLD" photo, I'd say that they COULD be the same monument.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Picture From Nevada

@cv I don't get out much anymore, and my daughter moved out of Vegas years ago (in Phoenix now), so it's unlikely that I will get to your neck of the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Picture From Nevada

@cv I missed that party, but it looks like there were plenty of troops on hand. Red Sandstone was a mainstay for obelisks (State Corners, Mineral Monu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Picture From Nevada

When I saw MathTeacher's link above, I ran over to my book case to see if I had a copy of that Bulletin (#226) and I do (in excellent condition). I th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage Picture From Nevada

I don't know about the "East-West Line of Nevada," considering the "ARIZONA" scribed on the stone. The "NL 37" almost certainly refers to the 37th Par...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 10 Nov 2022 NGS Webinar

Excellent presentation! 90 zones in Utah...yeehaw, let the games begin.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Want to Purchase Must Read Land Surveying Text Books

Boundaries and Adjacent Properties, Ray Hamilton Skelton (1930). Old but insightful.

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: What are these.....

The Metasequoia aka Dawn Redwood is also deciduous. They are native to China, but have been planted as ornamentals in many places (including the two t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Units of measurement - Angles

@bill93 Andro Linklater's book "Measuring America" (2002) goes into great detail about this issue, and includes a chapter about Thomas Jefferson's ide...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Atmospheric PPM

I have carried both a thermometer and barometer/altimeter in the instrument case since the early 1970s. SOP was to ALWAYS read both and make the ppm c...

4 years ago
Page 2 / 187