AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
kscott
kscott
@kscott
Free
Joined: March 24, 2011 11:48 am
Last seen: September 8, 2026 12:45 pm
Topics: 27 / Replies: 268
Reply
RE: Spiral Curves Blah

When faced with the mathematical impossibility of offsetting a spiral curve I resorted to the following: Intersect the tangents and fillet a curve usi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Pinpointer

Note the two holes in the second photo. The brass cap was found in the upper hole (north) but the stub of the original monument was found in the lower...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Pinpointer

Yes, I regularly used a Whites pinpointer. It was especially usefull for use under chainlink fences as you can set the range of detection. So, if you ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing BLM metes & bounds

The BLM Public Lands Surveying Casebook has an subject survey of H.E.S. and Mineral Surveys which used a combination of Proportion, Grant Boundary Met...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Wikipedia Hosting My Copyrighted Mineral Survey Research Without Attribution

Pecksniffian, never heard that. Had to look it up. Never quit learning. I hope you get some satisfaction from this guy.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Website

The site is currently back to the point you can view plats, still unable to generate a pdf for download.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Website

It appears today that the website has gone completely offline. It makes research hard! I have put in a call to the BLM but no one has called back.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Site

It appears this problem is happening again. The print to pdf offers no relief. I reported it to glosupport but if anyone has a solution I would like t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hurry up and Wait

@mightymoe I actually had several previous contracts with the USFS. The best was a 3-year with Dennis Mouland as the C.O. Very profitable, educational...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hurry up and Wait

I once had at least $5000 into winning a multi-year contract for USFS surveys. At the last minute we were shifted to an eastern region of the state in...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Monuments

When things go wrong. Many years ago a survey was performed of a property lying east of the north-south centerline of a standard section. Several yea...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: You get to be the reviewer today

As a plat reviewing County Surveyor I would note the discrepancy to the Surveyor, but not require it be modified because I understand the insignifican...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unexpected

I saw yesterday that Filson is having a 20% off sale. Heavier than the synthetic stuff, but still some of my favorite clothing. For those in hotter c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: This past weeks fun one...

I have twice seen a two story condo, four units on each story, sold as Units A to D, from left to right as seen facing the front. Problem is the unit ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Platted rights of way versus original monuments.

@jim-in-az I am surprised this thread has revived. Keep in mind that the monuments in place represent the previously platted right of way. The right ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

A memorable find was not a monument, but after removing 1/2 foot of hardpacked mining road, the 4" square hole about 18" deep where the original post ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing Section Corner Records

@dmyhill Many recovered corners are not documented by a recorded plat. Examples are gas/oil well permits and pipeline or transmission lines on BLM lan...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Need answers SOS

@fairbanksls It was a take home test. Early 1980's, you had six months to complete it and I thought it was very thorough, especially if you were hon...

4 years ago
Page 2 / 15