AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
kscott
kscott
@kscott
Free
Joined: March 24, 2011 11:48 am
Last seen: September 8, 2026 12:45 pm
Topics: 27 / Replies: 268
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

I just wish surveyors would run a closure on the boundary before submitting a plat for review. Just this morning, another subdivision where the bounda...

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1611
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@holy-cow No, the continental divide is about 130 miles east of Grand Junction, the Mesa County seat. Mesa County butts up against Utah at the edge of...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

Here in Mesa County, Colorado, we have three meridians, the 6th P.M., the New Mexico P.M. and the twelve townships of the Ute Meridian. Most surveys r...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Old timey calculators

The one I had to crank was a Monroe.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Retirement six years later.

For those who don't miss it at all, or never looked back, why are you hanging out on a survey forum? Let's be honest,you must miss it a little. I st...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

Well yesterday when I came to work my office was 58 degrees, so I immediately email facilities to fix it! The coldest outside was I70 construction s...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Freakin' Wind~

We had a bear knock our base down and chew the foam out of the case. Had almost made it to our search coordinates in very rugged terrain when the sign...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1565
Reply
RE: New boundary over pond

I recommend that a recreation easement be recorded between owners sharing a pond. I have dealt with several that started out fine between relatives or...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

Here is a shortlist of advice I wrote for a presentation to the Young Surveyors Association a couple of years ago. Don’t quit learning Don’t be af...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Orphaned Lands

In Colorado - Exception in deed, the exception of highway right-of-way in tax deed did not exclude that portion from fee … simply an acknowledgment ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhetorical Question

Colorado, for one, does require by Rule what you suggest: Documenting New and Existing Monuments. If a monument is set, as a result of a land surv...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

I was involved in cases where the hunters persisted in trespassing. See the statutes below and the CPW hunting regulations also below CRS 18-4-201 Exc...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

So, in the cases I was involved in, the hunters had been notified they were trespassing and persisted in doing so. The statutes suggest that you may n...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

In Colorado property lines are not required to be posted in order for a trespass to occur. It is the indivuals responsibility to know where they are.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

These were cases where an adjoining landowner was identified on the OnX map, improperly in my opinion, as the owner and they requested a ticket issued...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

My first week as a "surveyor" I was setting up a brand new Wild T1AE with the head of the surveying department on a construction site. The previous de...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

In preparation for testimony in trespass cases I have confirmed with OnX that their maps, at least in my area (Mesa County, Colorado), are imported di...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 15