AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
JTLAPOINTE
JTLAPOINTE
@jtlapointe
Free
Joined: March 8, 2016 10:22 pm
Topics: 1 / Replies: 25
Reply
RE: Offset Survey Figure in Civil 3D

I've had this problem before needing to rotate shots.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Offset Survey Figure in Civil 3D

You will be able to move the 3d polyline between the points but not the survey figures(points) themselves unless you bring those points into a base c3...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

dmyhill, post: 362428, member: 1137 wrote: My favorite was me getting suddenly yelled at because an adjoiner accused me of trespass (which I wasn't)....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

ontarget1, post: 362383, member: 9989 wrote: The one I've been getting most recently is the client or neighbor telling me that the lot line is right h...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

The guy I almost hate more than the ignorant and angry adjoiner, is the old guy who thinks he knows everything there is to know about surveying and is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

I just can't understand why seem to hate surveyors so much .Like we're gonna put their yard in our truck an "steal their property".

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you tie flagging to a nail?

Fold a length of flagging in half then fold the end opposite of the loose ends a few times and push the nail through that end.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

Jim Frame, post: 361939, member: 10 wrote: I always cringe when I see a traverse point made with a chisel-tip marker on concrete -- why make your cont...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

Rich., post: 361908, member: 10450 wrote: Maybe I'll post a subdivision we are doing now.It's two parcels that back up to each other. One is roughly 8...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

Here it depends on where it's located within the city limits, but most of the time the planning commission doesn't have to get involved unless you do ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

Are these all in city limits that have to go before a type of planning commission?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

I'm 99.999999999999999999999999%sure we legally have to replace all missing corners on the property we were hired for.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

That's B E A utiful right there!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

Cameron Watson PLS, post: 361743, member: 11407 wrote: I'm sure the LS painted their number into the line every hundred feet or so too. We live in wa...

11 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: This is a shame

MCameron Watson PLS, post: 361739, member: 11407 wrote: As in paint that comes out of an aerosol can? Dang, I feel like I am rolling in a Cadillac ri...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

Cameron Watson PLS, post: 361735, member: 11407 wrote: I'm confused too but full disclosure, I've never surveyed outside of the PLSS rectangular syste...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is a shame

Are there not any historical or other laws that forbid that?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

Andy Nold, post: 361539, member: 7 wrote: A 6 foot nail or a 6 inch nail? A 6 foot nail would definitely be out of the norm. 6inch lol my mistake.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What control points do you use?

I live in West Tennessee so the plows pulling nails isn't really an issue.

11 years ago
Page 1 / 2