AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Ideas and what do you like.

I usually use arial.?ÿ Any of the sans serif typefaces would be my preference for the majority of the text on a map.?ÿ Maybe use a serif style in the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions after a survey disagreement

I think the surveyor got it in his mind what the neighbors showed him and never tied enough corners to determine where in the world is Carmen Santiago...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: HELP! Need NC Surveyor Mapping & Signature

Why would a surveyor strike up this business relationship? I have often wondered that.?ÿ Mostly because I can not figure a way to rationalize such ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Statistical confidence

I can't disagree with the final lesson statement, but the events as outlined appear to me to describe 7 distinct events each of which should have dist...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring -ish

Wait a minute..... He wants to basically get rid of two building lots to save on POA fees? Correct Gary.?ÿ Every time I get this request I question...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Overuse of VRS

@olemanriver I've not followed behind someone doing that.?ÿ But a friend sent me data, where he was following behind someone else, to look at once.?ÿ ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring -ish

@norman-oklahoma I figured there would be several areas where the answer would be "Sure, we can have it for you by December 31, 2023 if we start on it...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring -ish

Once upon a time that is how I tackled every new opportunity.?ÿ Not so much anymore.?ÿ Stress is a killer.?ÿ Avoid as much of it as you can.?ÿ Keep yo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Overuse of VRS

Sounds like a more high tech method of the old "here" positioning misused by folks who don't understand what they are working with or when/how certain...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: RPP, Round 2 (Calculation?)

It will be interesting to see if someone in the know posts how different software packages approach this. I have been in professional development cou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

@eagle1215 It is likely the elementary surveying book you have is by particular author(s) that also produce an adjustments text as well.?ÿ "Adjustment...

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 651
Reply
RE: Cheaper than a shiner

Way back, we used to use the caps from be...soda.?ÿ Probably much more expensive than just using a penny, but they were a lot more fun to get!?ÿ For s...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help involving Adobe Acrobat

Can you open a file folder with a CADD drawing in it, right click on the dwg file, select properties, find an area that says "Open with:" followed ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Practitioners

So from HC's post in the "Calamity" thread and the responses here, it seems like it really isn't much different than if a person in a metes and bounds...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 653
Reply
RE: Calamity of a survey

Does the note below belong on a survey or is it a legal opinion? I think the note is an explanation of the reasoning the surveyor used to develop t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from John Day, Oregon

Welcome. Had to look up the city name to see if it was from the trapper.

4 years ago
Page 21 / 82