AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
jitterboogie
jitterboogie
@jitterboogie
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: March 28, 2018 9:21 am
Last seen: October 8, 2026 11:30 pm
Topics: 225 / Replies: 4075
Reply
RE: My kind of Hwy Job

funny. I had a job in April where I had to wait 18 minutes for a gap big enough to even consider walking briskly across the 100ft ROW and not become ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

@rover83?ÿ when I worked at Sanborn, we had recently purchased a riegl platform for one out new sensor systems.?ÿ yeah. they're the shizzzniz fo sho....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Petty Childish behavior

Near THRAC ALERT?!! ?ÿ although the idea personifies the level of cognitive abilities of the people involved but here you go ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

using the sx10-12 we found a sweet spot between 150 to 200 feet for coarse scans to get good time and productivity.?ÿ we have a water tower that after...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge building, earth curvature, and math nerd

I was just thinking about the 'ten points' it would take to layout those amazing huge spans, wow!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Right to Repair - Deere, Trimble, Leica

@hpalmer?ÿ yeehaw! Lightning is a whole other thing entirely.?ÿ Parts for the board or the entire assembly if you can get them, aif they're surface...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Right to Repair - Deere, Trimble, Leica

the warranty is only a year.?ÿ Unless it's under one of there contracts for software and hardware support. I Long ago repaired the 5700s, GeoXTs, scr...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser Scanning - Best Practices

question: how far between scanning stations are you advancing? one thing you could do would be to use a shot point on the ground with a movable objec...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: LIDAR POINT CLOUD ALIGNMENT

the registration of the point clouds should be tied to the collection platform, i.e. fixed wing/gps/imu with a base station GPS and appropriate GCPs. ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: So, the client casually points and says...........

Should be interesting dilemma for the county who had been collecting taxes on said un owned land... silly attorney....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member- California

Welcome! I can guarantee that I passed my FS and got my LSIT because of some of the other stuff I learned from the site. Continued success with the ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Since we've been talking about ethics.....

@mightymoe?ÿ slander and libel are off the table if it's true?ÿ ?ÿuntil they pay, it's true.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Frustrating Conversation

@murphy?ÿ ...like cement in a toilet... ?????ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Shooting down a vertical shaft

seems like this would be an awesome opportunity to use a scanner or a UAV with lidar for the big win, but maybe not.?ÿ what is the precision and accur...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Small things making a big difference

@jimcox?ÿ understood.?ÿ the fitting fits from the previous generation, the only one Ive ever seen and used is the articulated clamp you're showing.?ÿ...

4 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Small things making a big difference

I'm curious how the hell were you clamping it before that clamp? ?ÿ that's the only one I've ever known or used. ?ÿ genuinely curious.

4 years ago
Page 44 / 215