AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: I need to get paid via credit card. Paypal?

> The main problem is both services will take a DEBIT card, which draws from an actual money account instead of a CREDIT cardYou can use a credit ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Business Poll

> Do you ask for payment up front?Only if there's a history or reasonable suspicion of collection difficulty.> Do you ask for a retainer?Sometim...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: feet or foot?

I generally use the singular if it's less than 1, and the plural if it's greater. Sometimes I slip and use the plural even if it's less than one. Ho...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Screwing at the hands of a GPS dealer.

A few years ago a colleague took one of my 4000SSi units to the local Trimble dealer because he was unable to download files from it. (He did this wi...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Info on Topcon Turbo SII

I recall an issue with the Rascal/Turbo SII antennas in which an internal mechanical/RF joint was susceptible to separation, markedly reducing its abi...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: GPT 1002

Here's an excerpt from the GPT-1002 manual (I don't have the gun, I was just curious):

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Cama

Would openstandard happen to have a business relationship with Data Cloud Solutions, by any chance?

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Some Surveying items of interest:

> They are in the shape of a miners shovel because of the California Gold Rush!I've lived in CA all my life, and I didn't know that until I read it...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Cama

I'd never heard of CAMA, so I nosed around a bit and found that it's an acronym for Computer-Assisted Mass Appraisal, a generic term that describes fu...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Gophers in Ronan are MUTATING!!!!

> "What's that you say? You're from OSHA?"Whenever I see a photo like that, a cave-in is all I can think about. It doesn't take much dirt to compr...

15 years ago
Page 359 / 374