AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: GrafNav/GrafNet

> You folks in the gps post-processing and network adjustment business, try out GrafNav/GrafNet if you have a chance. Definitively a top of the lin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: valuing a survey firm

> I'm not really interested in equipment value as it is nothing special. I am however interested in how to appraise the worth of the instruments in...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Error - 1904

If I were the building owner, I'd just stall for 2 years. The building's going to fall down in '06 anyway.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you spell 'oops'?.......G.P.S.

> Short of shooting everything a dozen different times on different days under different conditions would you catch this kind of error on any GPS s...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Question

> Does anybody charge extra for their robotic instrument when they are flying solo?I do. My rate for a 1-person crew is $20 per hour higher when u...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble lowered the price of TBC Survey Advanced

> I just heard from the local sales rep. that Trimble is offering TBC Advanced for $1400 per seat.Very attractive, if true. Thanks for the heads-u...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 594
Reply
RE: Problems submitting to OPUS

FWIW, I loaded the DAT file into TBC 2.60 and processed it against NYHS, a CORS that's about 27 km northwest of the occupied station. The vector proc...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Truck Stolen

You got sued *and* had your truck stolen within a week? That's some bad mojo. I hope for your sake that there's nothing to the old saying about bad ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 Limit RTK

> LOL! You can rest assured, this is not done by manufacturers. Either the receiver receives the L1 carrier wave, or it does not. It doesn't matter...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Post-processing loop closures results

Other settings to watch out for in order to keep an even playing field between the two processing applications are the elevation mask angle, ephemeris...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Firmware

Not necessarily. I can recall one firmware update to the Ashtech ProMark2 that was required to allow the receiver to function reliably (and in some c...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 Limit RTK

> RTK is only possible with a dual-frequency receiver.L1-only RTK is certainly possible, but has generally been avoided because of its sensitivity ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: .dat file into TBC

> I did download it, apparently without issue, and the install seemed to go fine. However, I just spent about half an hour on the phone with a sup...

15 years ago
Page 347 / 374