AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:12 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

While I can't say that there's never a scenario in which this is advisable, I will note that you're kidding yourself if you do it. All measurements h...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Trig Levelling... but more accurate?

The method described is *probably* more accurate than doing measure-ups alone, but the question in my mind is whether or not that increment of accurac...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Does pole height affect GNSS accuracy?

I cut down that tripod mostly for fun, but there have been a couple of situations over the years in which I could have used it.

8 months ago
Reply
8 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R4 II firmware update.

I don't have experience with the R4, but with the older Trimble models I've had reliable success with adapters using the FTDI chipset. I don't have a...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Generic Robotic Total station question

I agree that buying one from a local surveyor would be your best bet, though finding one might be difficult because the market is so small. It would ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Measuring corner of a building.

Is this a trick question? I do a lot of as-built topos and locate a lot of building corners with a robotic total station and a Leica GMP-101 prism. ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

How many smoots in a milf?

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

I did that once, too, in 1997, for International Land Services. Learned my lesson: never again.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

I've attached a redacted copy of a recent letter contract as an example.

8 months ago
Reply
RE: How many of you carry these?

I'm not worried about them coming home with me, I just don't want them to bite me.

8 months ago
Reply
Reply
RE: How many of you carry these?

I keep a box of Milk Bone behind the driver's seat. They've come in handy on occasion.

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1934
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

With few exceptions, I have two kinds of clients: the ones who require the use of their own contracts (typically large corporations or public agencie...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: $2 3D Printed Pole Calibration Jig

Usually I can click on those YouTube links and they'll load, but this one doesn't do anything when I click on it. 🙁

9 months ago
Reply
RE: STATIC network guide in TBC

In TBC: Support|eLearning (or similar -- might be a different title depending on your TBC version; mine is old). Register for the Trimble Learn site...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

I did worse than that: almost 4 years after starting my own firm I filed a Record of Survey that showed all the set monuments as being marked with my...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Leica snll121 carier dimensions

I uploaded a copy to my webspace: Leica LGS Height Reference Guide

9 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

Adding 0.03' per 100' sounds about right for that temperature.

9 months ago
Page 3 / 374