AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 11, 2026 8:45 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Optimal pole height for GNSS

It depends.?ÿ As long as the antenna has a clear sky view down to 10?ø or so above the horizon, any height above about 5 feet is fine for modern anten...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: If you could do it all againƒ??

Another accidental surveyor here.?ÿ I can't say what I'd do differently because my career was pretty random until I hung out my own shingle.?ÿ Even th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK distance from CORS station

Do you use the same data format for RTN as for UHF??ÿ My understanding is that some data formats are more compact than others, which could affect late...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK distance from CORS station

I haven't experienced this, but maybe it's because when I'm that close to my local reference station I always have fast Internet service.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 'Right of Entry' and Difficult Attorney

Note that in CA the right of entry appears not just in the Business and Professions Code, but also in the Civil Code and the Penal Code.?ÿ This was do...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Help to identify this total station

Looks like it sold a few days ago for $175.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "Inverts shall be recorded to the nearest hundredth of a foot"

I record to the nearest 0.01', but I annotate to the nearest 0.05'.?ÿ Even with the Chrisnik Pipe Mic (which I only use if I'm opening a bunch of MHs)...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Scope & Fees To Review A Lot Line Adjustment

I'm curious as to how others handle this.?ÿ To date I've only charged my litigation support rate -- which is roughly double my normal rate -- for depo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Static Control Network

My jobsites tend to look like this:

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Static Control Network

This is the purported equivalence that I don't buy.?ÿ Tying a point from two terrestrial positions adds some strength to the new point, because the tw...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Static Control Network

I'm skeptical about the value of running more than one stationary receiver unless you're placing them far enough apart to see different SV arrangement...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Petty Childish behavior

Many years ago I was running a USFS boundary job and was assigned a newly-hired guy to run the gun.?ÿ He had previously worked for a geophysical outfi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "...under the penalties of perjury.."

This seems like a lawyer's attempt at getting an expert witness without paying for it.?ÿ Tell them you've satisfied your client contract, and if they ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this ethical? Yes or no.

Many's the time in both my personal and professional lives that I've stretched myself to learn and become adept at new things.?ÿ It's called "growth."

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hand held GPS for surveyors

Basecamp is pretty good, especially considering the price.?ÿ I have a Garmin eTrex 20 that I use occasionally for recon, and Basecamp makes it pretty ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Letting Clients Handle Paperwork Planning Process

I not only allow it, I encourage it.?ÿ Strongly.?ÿ I hate doing that part of the process, and my clients are always appalled at how many billable hour...

4 years ago
Page 28 / 374