AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Why include record of past lines on new plat?

> What possible purpose can it serve to present conflicts where none exist? By putting these on the map I think we just fuel dispute and court ac...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Interviewing

> And of course, if someone is in complete denial about their "personality" then they will come out on a test smelling like whatever rose suits the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Changing Technology in Surveying

Changing Capital Investment in SurveyingFred Garvin

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Interviewing

> I have done a fair amount of hiring. I have found that the "Hire for attitude, train for skill" motto works very well....+1I think what a lot of ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Books - not textbooks

“The general public has long been divided into two parts; those who think that science can do anything and those who are afraid it will.” ? Thomas Pyn...

14 years ago
Reply
14 years ago
Reply
RE: Interviewing

I can see something like 16PF being somewhat predictive if it is performed in a clinical environment but I would think that so much bias would be int...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Credit Check for License

The problem is a credit report tells very little about how one handles their money, only how they manage their debt.Hypothetically, if I had two credi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics Question:

> Based on your quote, there are a lot of assumptions & reasons that are not in any way associated with land surveying. In the U.S. the practic...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: cleaning house

re: cleaning house...got a great idea> Every year 10% (or some chosen number) of licensed surveyors names are drawn at random. Each one of these 's...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 173 Years Ago Today (Texas)

> Imagine working as a chain carrier in 1874 at age 54 and then as a civil engineer two years laterDownward mobility

14 years ago
Reply
RE: cleaning house

> Rather than testing, perhaps a randomly selected file folder/drawing should be submitted and examined, every four years. The board sends you let...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Submittals in State Plane on CD or USB

> No explanation has been given as to why they even want this.FWIW - I use Autodesk Design Review for plan review in house to keep from drowning in...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gurley theodolite

Google Patent No. 2363877Looks pretty similar

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Subjective Uncertainty v. Objective Uncertainty

You know, in some ways I kind of envy Keith in this regard. He always had the same client (the government) and that client always stipulated that when...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Submittals in State Plane on CD or USB

> A local Township is trying to amend their ordinance to have all Subdivisions and Land Development plans submitted on CD/USB in NAD 83 PA South Co...

14 years ago
Page 213 / 287