AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Rates -- Who cares about your TIME, almost nobody

> I'm thinking that an hourly rate has its place, and a lump has its place as well.I'm wrapping up a proposal today, hourly with an estimated budge...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Rates -- Who cares about your TIME, almost nobody

Sometimes the equation is "Rate X Time > Value" 😉 I read last year that there were 35 lawyers billing $1,000+ per hour just on the Lehman Brother...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Expert Witness Rates - Why so high?

I find being questioned by an attorney odious, I don't like doing things I find odious, I charge more to do things I don't like 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Expert Witness Rates - Why so high?

>Who says $400 per hour is high? I can think of some circumstances where that would be considered a real bargain.:good: $400/hour is about half th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Kinda, maybe survey connected trip to jail

> Agri-terrorism? Really? First time I've heard that term. Known Agri-Terrorists: 1 2 3 Ones man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter 😉

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent Supreme Court Case

I just glanced at it when it was released, but from what I remember all the court did was state that Nollan and Dolan apply to monetary exactions and ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling all ALTA experts

The title people don't have a clue> The fun part comes when you discover the title people don't have a clue. It may be a minor point of semantics;...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: 3D mapping with a Drone plus Autodesk 123D

The best thing about drones[sarcasm]After years of complaining that anyone with GIS software and a GPS unit can pretend they're a surveyor; now any su...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Adobe Shockwave Flash crashing Firefox Mozilla

> The only time I use Firefox is when I download music files. I have a few addons installed into Firefox that makes the process a one click process...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Big & Sturdy or Light & Nimble Business Model

:good: I shut down a successful small firm to go to work for a big company because I prefer the kind of work a big firm does. Plus I get to mentor hal...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying is .....

Hopefully this doesn't come off as being too much of a d**k (having a bad day), but - Surveying is surveying; all this "art of surveying" or "quasi-l...

13 years ago
Reply
13 years ago
Reply
RE: So I was looking for a new total station

> Sadly, I can see a day where Dave's and Norman's vision, or something like it, will come. I don't know; I've been waiting 40+ years for those Jet...

13 years ago
Page 206 / 287