AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jacob-wall
jacob-wall
@jacob-wall
Member Founder
Joined: April 20, 2011 7:35 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 12:11 am
Topics: 11 / Replies: 130
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

I'm finding that the NCAT Beta tool is still under active development. The latest September 15 update did resolve some of the issues I was seeing prev...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Anyone using AI to make new LISP routines?

I've been amazed by how well Claude can create efficient LISP routines for very complex concepts. Something that I probably would not have bothered tr...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: K index

For high precision GNSS static surveys it is crucial to have quiet ionospheric conditions. Kp index of 5 or higher would usually mean stop field opera...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: PPK base point coordinates from RINEX file

@leegreen Thanks for the report. I only tested a small number of antenna varieties, maybe it's the longer name that's tripping it up in this particula...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: PPK base point coordinates from RINEX file

@john-putnam I don't know whether or not the DJI or ROCK Robotic software use the antenna modeling for the actual processing or not, I suspect they wo...

8 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Leica GS15 Version 2 Questions

Interesting question! We have 9 GS15 receivers that we use for static observations, and they are a mix of "R1" and "R2" with serial numbers below or a...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Is NGS affected by cutbacks

@bluebook1807 I heard a rumour that NATRF2022 might not be rolling out at all in US with new directives given. Any truth to that?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Understanding the PPP output report

PPP is a great tool that keeps getting better. I've looked at these reports for quite a few years, not saying that I know the answers to all your ques...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

I have completed additional testing to satisfy my curiosity and to ensure our workflows deliver optimal results. Two tests were completed with the D...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

@land_odse Emlid Studio is free software, it uses kinematic processing to solve flight trajectory and is able to update tags of photos. I think this s...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: UAV - PPK / RTK Comparisons

I read this morning on two websites (DJI and DroneDeploy) that they recommend at least 10 minutes of flight observation data to get accurate PPK resul...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 19047
Reply
RE: DM versus SS in Starnet

Having written a few converters over the years, including for STAR*NET input data, I would GUESS that it could be something specific to your workflows...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What causes GNSS blunders when you have "fix"?

This exact same scenario happened to me, only once in 15 or so years using RTK systems. About 6 years ago I worked at a company and was using a SP80 b...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GEODNET

When I first found out about Geodnet on the Rock Robotic site, I thought it could be a game changer. Then when you dig deeper you see just how flawed ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help generating contours from lidar data

Check out BricsCAD, creating surfaces from point clouds is super easy. The Pro version is likely what you would need. They have a 30 day trial period....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: StarNet Preanalysis: who is using Preanalysis and how?

We use the preanalysis to assist with designing static GNSS survey networks. It's so quick to put together your planned baseline observations, and of ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5700 / R7 date log file is 2004, not 2023. how to set receiver time and date?

I created a tool by request in 2019 after the rollover feel free to use it to Up-DATE your RINEX files, see

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica SD Cards

In my experience the industrial SD cards work fine for logging static data, transferring files, etc you absolutely do want to use Leica SD cards for ...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 8