AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jacavell
jacavell
@jacavell
Free
Joined: February 28, 2011 12:55 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 12:44 pm
Topics: 1 / Replies: 99
Reply
RE: Indiana PDH

Andy, What are your needs? What is it worth ($)? Someone will be willing if the criteria match.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

The degree 4-yr requirement was promoted heavily by those offering such degrees and made persuasive by a two-pronged campaign, 1) create the fear that...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help an LSIT understand

First, I subscribe to most of the previous replies. Second, consider finding a copy of "Boundaries and Adjacent Properties" by Skelton. It solidified ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

Consider calling an attorney on your mother's behalf and ask him to secure a surveyor. If there is a problem you may require the attorney's services a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about how to read property Metes and Bounds

I was just really struggling with how to read the metes & bounds, It may help you to know this is not a metes and bounds description. In the PL...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN elevation question - rookie

Native1, There are so many things that might have caused what you saw that it is impossible to diagnose yet. Consider these as you look for the answer...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflict within a deed

I believe when a plat or map is called for in a description it is an integral part of the description, and under most circumstances, correctness is as...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

The tools at one's disposal have made the operation of "reading the tape or the Vernier" easier, like using a microscope instead of the naked eye. Dra...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Data sheets for old NGS monuments

Mr. Ford, As Bill93 said, choose to see superseded data when requesting a datasheet. The top of the datasheet will show current stuff except for heig...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@olemanriver Licensed surveyors are usually at the end of the line when after something goes wrong and the finger-pointing begins. There is no one e...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@olemanriver Seems to me you are doing what you can to interpret what others have done and how to make it not so hard for those who follow in your f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

@olemanriver I sympathize. gain some hope from the fact that the SPC are usually defined by statutory law and how/when they are used. Sometimes, le...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

A night by the fire [anywhere] and a wee dram of something stimulating with great friends is a wonderful way to spend some time... Indeed! I've qu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 1866 ellipsoid

I do regret that there are far too many users of projected coordinates (SPCS & UTM) who do not understand that they are rigorously related to lat ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

Thanks for your attention, all. I fear my ability to convey is inadequate, or what I understand is wrong or simply subject to cancellation. If any i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

@steinhoff What has happened to the profession within the past 25-27 years coincides with the advent of GISers who claimed to be professional, with ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

@steinhoff Persevering is the stuff of champions. Surrendering dignity is surrendering to another champion. Resting on laurels would be equivalent ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

@rover83 NO, NO, NO. Please reread what I wrote. I always converse with POLSTERS who call what they are doing "a survey". If others in the survey...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Geomatics

@steinhoff I have worked for decades in or with such organizations; checked off that box. The notion of "elevating" or not is the point. Once all t...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 5