AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
imaudigger
imaudigger
@imaudigger
Free
Joined: February 12, 2013 3:43 pm
Topics: 163 / Replies: 2794
Reply
RE: new vs. old quads

John Giles, post: 332983, member: 57 wrote: Anyone else use the USGS website for topo's and aerials? I just started and it's a pretty good setup. I st...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Things not to do if you're a button pushing layout crew for a construction company

DAM new format - you have to quote every single time you respond to somebody. Liked it a lot more when it was threaded. Roadhand - OK, I thought that ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Things not to do if you're a button pushing layout crew for a construction company

Construction workers do that kind of stuff all the time. I would have no problem with that set up as long as I was confident with the integrity of the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Autocad glitches with large coordinates

Ya, I read that article about a decade ago, and again today. Maybe that is what "Drawing 1" is for? Stupid that we keep paying for improvements and th...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 2018
Reply
RE: Back to basics

I don't know. On the Trimble unit, you go through and measure the horizontal and vertical errors simultaneously, then the tilt axis.I presume it uses ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Up the hill

Better get to planting trees now. Bare root seedlings are not that expensive if you get them directly from a commercial nursery. At higher elevations ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon Resource Protection

This new format tends to bring old topics back to the top on a continual basis. ....I'm going to start a topic called .04' so we can beat it to death ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Anchor Bolt Center

leegreen, post: 333466, member: 2332 wrote: Contractors can bend bolts, or drill and core new ones. As I'm sure you are probably aware, it just dep...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

I would suggest going one step further and actually going through the columniation measurement routine. I use a Trimble 5600 and to meet the tilt acce...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 5 Mile Roawday Staking Question

Skeeter1996, post: 333459, member: 9224 wrote: I was always taught to design it to a hundredth, stake it to a tenth and build it with a D9 Cat. What k...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

In my opinion, there is something to be said for recording level loops and control in field books. They can be scanned, archived and used later for th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

I use Carlson for reducing radial surveys and hand record and calc. control in a field book that gets archived for later use. Here is what my Carlson ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

rfc, post: 333442, member: 8882 wrote: I'm the wrong person to ask that question of, lol!Here's some more:Sums of both faces, from/to each point:From ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Anchor Bolt Center

It's usually the result of the combination of a conflict with the gobs of re-bar that the engineer required and a rush pour.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

Am I misreading that data?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Back to basics

Not familiar with the Carlson format. I always handle the control data myself and only allow Carlson to reduce radial data.That gives me a warm and fu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Additional way to make $ as a Surveyor

In California, construction staking is considered land surveying (regardless of the technology used) and it is not considered as experience towards si...

11 years ago
Page 74 / 148