AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 11:37 pm
Topics: 2298 / Replies: 23728
Reply
RE: Well, I got cussed out, and run off...

Set up one time on the front lawn of a hospital where it appeared the lawn had been mowed the day before. Within 15 minutes a maintenance worker appe...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The people you meet while surveying...

She said she had a divine right. He told her she had a heavenly left as well. That's when the fight started.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

@brad-ott I have made more money from clients who ask me to hold their check until Tuesday because Monday is payday than I have from clients who say...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The people you meet while surveying...

The vast majority of adjoiners have been polite. Then there are those you make a point to avoid by doing stealth surveys. Find out where they work a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@notsomuch Grinning big time. Just when you think you have it all figured out, someone throws a curveball at you.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@olemanriver In PLSSia, I have been told North-South lines are lines but East-West lines are curves. I've never quite figured out what a Southwest-...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

@olemanriver Careful, I just poked the bear that is slumbering over the weekend.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

A fellow I know very well owns free and clear in excess of 5000 acres of farm land and all the equipment, buildings, vehicles and livestock to make us...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Proper Drafting Practice

Seven lots total to 777.78 feet. Nope. It's actually 777.77 feet. Each lot is 111.11. Just because the software chose a given point in time to say...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Charitable foundations

OK We had something like that over 60 or 70 years ago, here. Local banker looked like he owned most everything because the last deed of record was t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GIS again-Stop looking at it

People who live decades having more money than they could ever spend are some of the biggest tightwads I have ever seen.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Charitable foundations

What is a security deed?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

Many times I have stumbled onto incorrect indexing in the index books. Not too long ago I found an entry that was actually in the northeast quarter o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

Certain letters of the alphabet are far more common as the first letter of surnames. Then there are places where "City of ......" and "State of.........

3 years ago
Page 69 / 1302