AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 4:53 am
Topics: 2297 / Replies: 23726
Reply
RE: Horror Stories

I have my own railroad crossing as the railroad splits one of my farms. Anytime I cross those tracks, I act as if I can see one coming. There is no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

@Olemanriver All you need to do is put on the glove, then wrap the glove wound with duct tape. Then put on the other glove and apply duct tape in the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

Cravat, cravate or cravats may refer to: Cravat (early), forerunner neckband of the modern necktieCravat, British name for what in American English is...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Horror Stories

Probably haven't had a seated President in my immediate neighborhood ever. Truman supposedly spent the night at a tiny hotel in a now-ghost town in m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Retaining Wall vs Landscape Wall, what's included, how measured?

From a survey perspective, we are merely locating the wall relative to other improvements in the general case. We are not involved in the quality or ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

Our delta was about 5 inches higher going from 29 to 88.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: First Aid Kit in an Altoids tin

The simplest would be to have a fully equiped ambulance, staff and all, following along on my days in the field.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearing(s)

I've always preferred the assumed bearing based on two key monuments. This generally prevents the anal retentive types working with State Plane or Geo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

Murphy has mentioned a great aid. The Division of Water Resources in Kansas is my go to source for what they call a BFA in the rural areas with no tr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation certificates and geoids

In my case, everyone I must work with who has been awarded the title, Flood Plain Manager, doesn't have a clue about the flood plain. I am dead serio...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

I would have to do a search on line to find out how close the nearest Kinko's happens to be. I'm guessing 70 miles. It's that sort of thing that can...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Party/Crew Chief calculating and setting pins?

Ugh! I detest the mentality that is behind the charge to whip out six to eight different individual lot surveys in one day's time. That puts our pro...

3 years ago
Page 51 / 1302