Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 3, 2026 3:04 pm
You have brought up a very common scenario. Every situation can be different. Typically, I would search at other lot corners for some confirmation as...
When I see the term "reference" I automatically think of items placed to aid in finding a specific monument, typically a section corner or quarter cor...
Damn. That is wrong on so many levels.
@bstrand If it were really that simple, we would be overflowing with new surveyors, and we are not.
@field-dog Had a similar problem one time with creating a platted subdivision. A vey nice 12" diameter tree fell exactly on one corner.
@gary_g Tell us what it says. No sub, no lookee.
@native1 Congratulations. Making the jump to become self-employed is terrifying but worth it in so many other ways. Try it.
@stacy-carroll Our area has been over run by out-of-state hunters buying both large and small tracts for far above the economic value used to assess ...
Helped the County Sheriff one time to determine if a large group of squatters were in the City or in the County. This was a case where certain parts ...
@stacy-carroll Exactly. Picture a four-wheeler trail through a somewhat dense pasture full of half-grown trees and briar bushes. The task is to cr...
@david-baalman Give him a big white cowboy hat, too. That will help him get the heroine, in the end, as the sun sets in the West. 😀 ...
Seriously, I would insist on both property owners accompanying me as I complete the field work. Non-negotiable.
Sneak in on Sunday morning while the squatter is at The First Squatter Church of Hermitville. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I look forward to learning from the answers you receive. This is a weak subject for me, as well.
Curves created in new tract descriptions are frequently mythical. One, there may be no monument set at either end. Two, the end points are rough app...
Another popular topic with nearly 2500 views over time.
Years ago we had a fellow who was well known for leaving behind messes. He moved away. I heard he died When he left, every worker in every Register...
@david-baalman That is only used by surveyors in areas that border an ocean. 🤣 🤣