AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 11, 2026 10:50 am
Topics: 2298 / Replies: 23739
Reply
RE: Former contributors to this site and predecessors---deceased

@jaccen?ÿ Always enjoyed Derek's posts.?ÿ All of them from strictly surveying to running around in a kilt while raising dogs.?ÿ Also a great sense of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help involving Adobe Acrobat

Thanks guys.?ÿ I think I have it solved now.?ÿ Will let you know if I have problems later.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help involving Adobe Acrobat

@la-stevens?ÿ I can open the original file but I cannot open the bak version to even change the ending to dwg as in the past.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help involving Adobe Acrobat

Here is what happens when I right click on what is the listed bak file.?ÿ It offers "open with".?ÿ The only two options are Acrobat or Internet Explor...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help involving Adobe Acrobat

@gary_g?ÿ Tried that.?ÿ The only two options were Acrobat or Internet Explorer.?ÿ Tried IE, just for fun.?ÿ That does not work.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1334
Reply
RE: Patents as quit claims

Many of those early railroads had names that were specific such that potential investors could tell where that line was going to start and end.?ÿ Noth...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hierarchy of monuments in boundary

Probably 25 years ago we were called upon to document where a broken river levee had been and then come back and document the location of the major im...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Houston, TX

@squirl?ÿ We were starting a survey Tuesday and I was asked what to name the file.?ÿ I responded with Oldgrumpybastard.?ÿ The comeback was:?ÿ So, you...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Get them while they're hot!

SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar ?ÿ That train ain't moved a quarter-inch since I hung it up.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Get them while they're hot!

The SurveyorConnect calendar for last year has been an attractive addition to my office this year.?ÿ I use it as my "last month" calendar because I wr...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 540
Reply
RE: Patents as quit claims

@mightymoe?ÿ That is quite interesting.?ÿ It does make sense for that purpose.?ÿ Apparently, no one ever thought about such a thing in this corner of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Patents as quit claims

Please elaborate on this sentence.?ÿ I'm not grasping how the seasons affect deeds. ?ÿ The issue with many of the local deeds is that they don't fol...

4 years ago
Page 141 / 1302