AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 8, 2026 2:52 pm
Topics: 2298 / Replies: 23732
Reply
RE: AR and surveying?

@leegreen I feel your pain. We had multiple survey crews pass through the county a few years back and now we have roughly 160 industrial wind turbi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Section 19 Question CFedS

For sections along the east side of a Range Line the measurements were made from the east line of the section towards the west line. Thus the north q...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Section 19 Question CFedS

Parallel with the west line and north are the same thing, thus, that leaves parallel with the east section line. The manual being used in the 1850's ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Tattoos

@dougie Oh, I knew that one. I was referring to guy with playing cards. Way back 60 years ago, I swear I memorized every line of that novelty song...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Tattoos

@dougie Lost me with that one. No clue what that is indicating. Sorry for being dense/dents.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Movement

I set a corner post for a fence in the Fall of 1983 that has only moved whatever the tectonic plate has moved. A large portable air compressor was us...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite 1/4 calls

@bstrand Doesn't matter if it is some guy pitching woo or a coin worth 25 cents. I pronounce both of them the same........a courter. Just can't ge...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing Section Corner Records

@jed Better get a reeaallllyy long tape to measure to those trees if you move to my area.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

Was doing a job for a young fellow whose father-in-law was a County Commissioner in the same county as the project. The Commissioner showed up just to...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

@gordon-svedberg This is directly above the bar at the true corner. Those are not my ugly feet in the first picture, but, I did stand on the "manho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

@williwaw It is possible to amaze ourselves sometimes, isn't it? A buddy had a similar situation many years ago out in a wheat field of a few hundr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite found monument.

Dang. That is a really tough question. There have been so many. Everything from an arrow-shaped stone that was set along an Indian Treaty Boundary ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite 1/4 calls

In our area where most section lines are running along the approximate center lines of roads, most lay people can visualize what a section amounts to....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing Section Corner Records

What we now see are surveys without the corner record information shown on the plat, using the excuse that the next surveyor will simply check with Hu...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite 1/4 calls

Absotively, posilutely , we all is. " proffesional"

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Favorite 1/4 calls

@dougie It isn't just land owners. Many years ago I had a title company employee jump me because my description began at the East Quarter Corner of...

3 years ago
Page 106 / 1302