AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 8, 2026 6:55 am
Topics: 2298 / Replies: 23732
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

Many years ago I was following the work of an excellent surveyor and found a two foot mistake. It was a case of a subdivision with no alley between l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: From the government and here to help

Good job. Finding the correct amount of work to do can be the difference between no money and a nice pile of money. Many times I have convinced a cl...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: From the government and here to help

You can't base your fees on what the productive use of the land might pay out. Some of the most worthless ground on Earth (productivity-based) is sel...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

@aliquot Agreed. But, stating you dug by hand in a county road (surfaced with gravel) to a depth of two feet over the entire area of a circle havin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

There is a dream called perfection. That dream does not fit the real world of land surveying. It would be nice if it did. There would also be far l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

The Board does not exist to settle arguments. It exists to find SOMEONE guilty of various improper practices that are CLEARLY spelled out in the stan...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

The new fellow needs to learn that nothing is perfect. I can show him block after block where it is possible to get a different answer for a specific...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Why I hate doing LOMAs and such

@skeeter1996 I swear FEMA is like an assembly line. Each person is assigned to look only at one piece of "fill in the blank". Inspector #8 who is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

Arrogance goeth before the fall. Tact and diplomacy are essential. About two years ago I found a plat on file that significantly disagreed with one ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

The people behind Comic-Con should schedule a convention in the same city immediately following this convention as so many participants would be thril...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How to handle a Pin Farmer

I would only get involved in this debate if I had been the one who set the original pin in its original position and verified that it is still correct...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

Fascinating information. Guess I had not picked up on her connection. Figured you had her out greasing the baler while you were off surveying someth...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG Working Week

@olemanriver Hold the phone. What is this about your wife presenting? Inquiring minds need to know.

3 years ago
Page 100 / 1302