AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
gromaticus
gromaticus
@gromaticus
Free
Joined: September 3, 2010 5:22 pm
Last seen: August 3, 2026 7:11 am
Topics: 20 / Replies: 320
Reply
RE: Add a name to this list

@holy-cow?ÿ Holy Cow! Someone missed me! I'm actually lurking here almost every day, I just don't post a lot (actually, compared to some of you guys...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Specs for new Drafting computer

You might wish to check out Puget Systems:/p> They have recommended system builds for various purposes, including CAD. I ran across their web site i...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Wipeout Command (or other approach)

Type WIPEOUT, P, select the polyline, N. The line will disappear inside the box, as will the text. Type DRAWORDER, select the invisible text, F. Tha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: advantages of non-nodal prism assemblies ?

"Because that's the way we've always done it..." My theory, which is just speculation, is that they used 0mm offsets first because - no correction! It...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for book by Dan Beardslee "A Business Management Handbook for Land Surveyors"

I went and dug out my old CD and managed to remove the password. Since Dan says it's OK, I've attached the PDF here: ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD

Every once in a while I have a client state that having the computer draft the plan should be easy: all I have to do is "push a button."

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I may just be getting old and cranky

If North is always supposed to be up, then why do North arrows exist?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topsurv8 modules

From the main screen, open the pull-down menu using the icon in the top left corner. Activate modules is second from the bottom. (This is on an FC-250...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How much fill is required for a LOMR-F?

Posted by: snbr2011 Were you able to get this project done and how did it go? ?ÿ Not yet. I hadn't heard from my client since 2015 when I gave him a p...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: MA - ANR plan for non building lot

Another Mass. guy here. Probably 90% of my ANRs have at least one of these unbuildable parcels. The note I use is something like "Parcel A is not a bu...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Parker - Kalon Nails

My dad started using PKs probably in the early 1970s. If my memory is correct (and it might not be), the early versions did not have the handy dot in ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Acrobat Digital Signature Test

I use the digital signature in Acrobat with my seal and signature as an "appearance." I had always assumed that if the file was changed, the "appearan...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon branded prisms all 0 offset

These are the expensive traversing prism holders that mount on a tripod - they are not intended for mounting on a pole. The prism is not reversible si...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet

I could have sworn there was one since I've been using Starnet longer than I've had an instrument that read zenith angles instead of vertical.But I ju...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Keeping Tripod Legs Stable on Asphalt

I've been using the tripod stabilizers from Lo Ink for the past 2 or 3 decades. They work very well on pavement.

9 years ago
Page 2 / 17