AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Stone Monument

Jim Frame, post: 429197, member: 10 wrote: We have lots of pavement -- and hardpan soil that might as well be pavement Caliche is nature's pavement.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Stone Monument

Nice stone, Jim. I must ask why some of our peers instinctively act like mongrel curs and mark whatever they find with pee paint?Sigh!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Staff Land Surveyor City of Denver

I agree Jim. The statute is clear. Maybe the position should be Administrative Staff Surveyor. Well....maybe not!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

Stephen Johnson, post: 428586, member: 53 wrote: GeneI can't take the LSLS because I am not a resident of Texas. When I could because I was a residen...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Staff Land Surveyor City of Denver

Jim Frame, post: 428589, member: 10 wrote: Does Colorado really allow unlicensed persons to use the title Land Surveyor? That wouldn't fly in Californ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Web Site

For what is available in Colorado, only a few very early rectangular field notes are available, as are those with surveys conducted after 1998. All o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Web Site

NorthernSurveyor, post: 428313, member: 149 wrote: Contact [email protected] from my iPad using Tapatalk He's been in my address book for several...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Web Site

Thanks guys. I thought it might be my browser. The BLM usually posts a news alert before any scheduled maintenance. I've had periodic issues since ...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1130
Reply
RE: Ranch boundary

My suggestions would be what you did in 2001 using an average elevation, or the elevation of the "important spot" on the ranch.You've already mentione...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: StarNet thinks my RTK topo shots are measurements...

And here I thought you bought your grandson a Hasbro Spirograph toy! 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS won't work

You can use NADCON to go back from HARN NAD83(93) to NAD83(86). I've done this plus NAD83(86) to NAD27 for my fellow geologists. I stamp "MODELED" a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Newsflash: OPUS Continues to Work Great

Loyal,For OPUS Projects, I use PUC2 as a replacement for PUC1 after it was decommissioned. However, I use it as a 2D control station, not a 3D statio...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Newsflash: OPUS Continues to Work Great

Loyal, post: 427272, member: 228 wrote: One (or is it two) thing(s) that folks NEED to understand about the NGS Short Term Times Series Plots.1. The "...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Newsflash: OPUS Continues to Work Great

Jim,PUC2 was installed in December 2014 so that is why it doesn't have a long-term series plot. I used to use PUC1 until it was decommissioned in Mar...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rehabbing stone monuments

aliquot, post: 427165, member: 2486 wrote: No reason to rehab a stone, set a pipe in its place and record what you have done. For cases where there a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rehabbing stone monuments

paden cash, post: 427179, member: 20 wrote: Kinda reminds me of the area south and west of Leadville. Maybe in between Massive and Elbert around Cham...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Newsflash: OPUS Continues to Work Great

Actually, Kent the solutions are even tighter than the two OPUS solutions indicate. If you look at the short term time series for the 6 CORS stations...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rehabbing stone monuments

Dave,That was on Sept. 9, 2008 and it was only 12,400 MSL. While it might appear to have been a gentle slope it was nearly 20å¡. A great day to be u...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rehabbing stone monuments

Like I said, others are free to set shiny new monuments to replace old worn stones, but which would you rather see, two pretty stones or a couple of r...

9 years ago
Page 54 / 67