AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: A GPS question

FWIW,Both the IGS and NGA produce a posteriori precise ephemerides. These ephemerides differ from those broadcast by the satellites by being produced ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A GPS question

Howdy,Not sure I understand your question. As for the question of how accurately we know a satellite's position, see the following table:Keeping the s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Equator monument is 100+ feet off

:'( Imagine my surprise when I set my $100 Garmin on the zero longitude line in Greenwich and found it to be misplaced.:-D

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy help please

Howdy,The NGS Geodetic Glossary has this. Note the second to last sentence. true - (adjective) (1) Actual, existing, or observed, as contrasted to ide...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Distortion Projections and ITRF (long)

Not being expert on these matters, I nonetheless wonder why resort to a 2D system when trying to understand real-world 3D changes. Why not use geodeti...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Sea Level Rise, 93-2010

Howdy,FWIW, on the matter of tidal datums and tidal epochs, you might find the following links of interest. The last link is to a specific site here i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 3-Point Resection (by distance)

Howdy,FWIW, those interested in the ancient approach "solving it yourself," can take a look at the now obsolete Army Surveying Computer's Manual. It i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Department of the Interior: US Fish and Wildlife

My two cents...Most likely, the minimally qualified person would be offered to lowest salary. Should there be an exemplary candidate willing to put up...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Opus help

Howdy,Convert your TPS file to RINEX using the utility ar:br>Find and download the appropriate version of UNAVCO program "teqc."Read the teqc document...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Gravity's Increasing Gravitas

Howdy,I enjoyed your article and found the graphics to be excellent.Cheers,DMM

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent Static Results (Vertical)

ApologiesMy error. While clearly indicated to be in foot units, I saw them as metric. Mea culpa.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent Static Results (Vertical)

Howdy,You are worried about the disagreement between first-order differentially determined NAVD 88 heights and OPUS-derived heights. Perhaps you might...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS DB-multiple occupations question

Howdy Mr HamiltonObviously the definitive answer comes from NGS. If you look at a point with multiple occupations (e.g. AH1762) you will see that curr...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Canadian Spatial Reference System

Howdy,The RINEX files I get frequently have wrong HI's. Requiring manual entry of the value is required by AUSPOS as well as OPUS.Also, remember that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID12a

Howdy Loyal,I agree completely. Looking at the problem in Texas it appears to me to be a bad value at a critical location. Looking at the publicly ava...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS/OPUS-RS

Howdy,Copy the teqc executable and existing RINEX file into the same directory. Open a command prompt and navigate to where you put the files. From t...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 900
Reply
RE: GEOID12 errors found in Louisiana and Mississipp

Howdy,I do not understand this comment. Geoid 2009 (as well as all previous versions back to Geoid 1999) is available on the NGS web site. I just chec...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GEOID12 errors found in Louisiana and Mississipp

Howdy,For what it's worth, I took a look at the data related to LA and thought those following the issue might find the following links to be of inter...

14 years ago
Topic
Page 72 / 78