AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: NGVD 29 to NAVD 88 Conversion Factor

With respect to references to non-NGS sources of VERTCON, be advised that they probably use version VERTCON 2.1. This version has been superceded wit...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi am from Bhutan, Asia continent

Good to see someone from your part of the world on this site.?ÿƒ??Kuzu zangpo laƒ? Are you teaching at?ÿJigme Namgyel Polytechnic, Royal University...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: NGVD 29 to NAVD 88 Conversion Factor

Depends on where you are...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

@cf-67 No problem. I understood what you meant. I am happy that you got some real world examples. I too have problems with the term ƒ??geoid height.ƒ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

@mathteacher My reply to your post was due to my trying to understand what I was missing when looking at your two points. I missed that your were com...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

@mathteacher (Update) After replying, ?ÿI re-read the original post. I note that the OP author uses ƒ??H (geoid)ƒ? when he clearly means H (orthomet...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

@bene1 Nice find. Unlike some other pairs mentioned, this clearly shows what the OP wanted to find. Looking at your second pair, I was reminded of s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Water flowing uphill on the ellipsoid

One of the key points to remember when dealing with the three height systems: orthometric, ellipsoid and geoid (distance from the ellipsoid to the geo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get 3D GPS positions from geographic latitude, longitude and altitude?

Pending clarification from the OP, I interpret his reference to ƒ??altitudeƒ? to mean height. Also, his reference to UTM coordinates as a potential s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get 3D GPS positions from geographic latitude, longitude and altitude?

FWIW, the NGS Invers3D tool does provide results in both DXDYDX and DEDNDU. I also add a graphic from the Deakin paper referenced in my previous post....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get 3D GPS positions from geographic latitude, longitude and altitude?

The original poster wants to transform latitude, longitude and heights (LLh) to North, East and Up. What he wants are 3D values in order to generate a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Up Primary Control

When you indicate that you took five (5) readings and took the average, do you mean that you setup over the sites and transcribed the autonomous readi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Solving Control Parmeter

As I am unfamiliar with the GNSS processing software you are using, I can only provide generic guidance. I note that I had forgotten to address the K...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Line Geodetic Inverse by P.D. Thomas

@bill93 Why here is a printed copy: BTW, the clear scanned copy you linked and I couldnƒ??t access was probably due to having to enter a displayed ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Line Geodetic Inverse by P.D. Thomas

@bill93 if interested in this topic, have you read Rappƒ??s Geometric Geodesy parts I and Ii

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Line Geodetic Inverse by P.D. Thomas

I like Rappƒ??s presentation in/p>

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Line Geodetic Inverse by P.D. Thomas

@bill93 FWIW, your better copy link gave me a Error 403. I evidently need to update my eyeglass prescription to read the original.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Solving Control Parmeter

Not having processed non-GPS data, I do not know why your parameters opt to solve for an L5 and B3 combination. I am assuming B3 is a Beidou frequency...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RINEX FILE

I like this reference that includes some Matlab code for working with RINEX files. ?ÿ ?ÿ The first link on this page is to a locally-hosted 2015 ...

5 years ago
Page 19 / 78