AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
FrancisH
FrancisH
@francish
Free
Joined: July 13, 2015 11:33 pm
Topics: 30 / Replies: 348
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

hahahaahahh to the EXPERT SURVEYORS OF THE USA,,,, From FIG (International Federation of Surveyors) or maybe US surveyors are not member of this inter...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

I was pretty sure i had explained it to a 5th grader. No worries, you'll get there some day...actually all you did was say that you were an "expert", ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Sorry, I forgot to turn on the sarcasam button.ahahahhahahah busted.....No I think you really believed what you previously said...hahahahhahahaha

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

We can explain it to him all day long. We cant understand it for him...well there is this adage, if you can't explain it to a 5th grader something ......

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

I never made any reference to the leveled vertical network in Indonesia - my response was about the lack of realization of the WGS 84 reference system...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Duh, it's called inflating the ellipsoid. Clearly you don't have much experience or education it GNSS or Geodesy. You should really stop, we are all l...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

In terms that you can understand, GEOID MODELS DO NOT CONSIST OF A CONSTANT GEOID SEPARATION!maybe if you had even taken a few minutes in your 20 year...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Let me see, why would I rely on an ortho value made from referencing a geoid model when I could occupy a BM with known MSL/MLLW value and transfer tha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Where have you been Francis? Leica's RTK gear has allowed the user to load a geoid model in the rover for many, many years. If the user wants to save ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

The difference between ortho and ellipsoidal at one location will not be the same as the difference between ortho and ellpsoidal at another location. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

But if you are X feet orthometric at the base, and R feet above your base at the rover according to GNSS, you are NOT in general X+R feet ortho at the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Yeah, and then all of your orthometric heights have the geoid separation applied to them twice and are incorrect. I have seen this happen and it is a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

This question shows that you don't know what a geoid model is and haven't read up on it, or else you are just making up misleading questions to antago...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

I believe that statement was made with tongue in cheek, in solidarity with the ignorant statements made by one particular participant in the discussio...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

All this is explained in elementary surveying books. A text on geodesy would be too difficult to follow as an introduction.I guess none of you have ev...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Please answer for me another question....If you think your geoid model is so accurate then why the need to do actual topography survey?why not just ge...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

NGS updates the Geoid daily, you just have to know to install the updates! They model high rises all the time.did you answer my question.are you sayin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

I don't think geoid model means what you think it means.so I guess that means you don't know what it means......hahahahahahahah

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

hahahahah so let me get this, you guys are saying you have to use a geoid model to get accurate vertical values????hahahahah so pls answer this, how d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical Control

Having been traveling most of the day, I did not get a change to either respond or research issues related to tidal heights and their relationship to ...

10 years ago
Page 1 / 19