AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
firestix
firestix
@firestix
Member
Joined: July 31, 2018 9:07 am
Last seen: August 27, 2026 12:39 pm
Topics: 77 / Replies: 224
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1702
Reply
RE: Request for Reduced Rate

I literally just spoke with a client who ask me to do a survey "as cheap as possible" because it's for a non-profit pet shelter.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@on_point I have had guns pulled on me several times surveying. Tires shot on company truck in Colorado. I was not even on the persons property. Shotg...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

1a. allegedly moved monument: Look for evidence that it was moved such as a hole or otherwise disturbed ground where it supposedly was, a damaged cap...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

So. I acquired the 2008 sealed map, as well as the the preliminary map. Out of the gate, I don't trust the preliminary as far as I can throw it. On...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@firestix Your call. I've had weapons drawn on me at least three times in the last twenty years and in every instance had I drawn a weapon of my own I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@williwaw Sometimes the "hair on the back of ones neck" is not enough. I'd rather be alive and defending myself in court on why I felt the need to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

@michigan-left I believe you may have mis-read me. I already have a personal firearm. I would like to purchase another strictly for work.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys, Guns, and Racism ... Oh my!

Meeting with my client today to acquire the previous sealed and preliminary maps. Hopefully "Mr. Disgruntled neighbor" won't be there. Which brings...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 994
Topic
Replies: 70
Views: 3444
Reply
RE: Surveyors in the Military

@olemanriver I also found out that 0261s can now be Special Operations Capability Specialists ... I missed my time. 🙁

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors in the Military

USMC 0261Geographic Intelligence Specialist It's how I got into the Survey Game ... and GIS ... and Drones.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Archaic?

We don't say "horseless carriage" when referring to our vehicles or "ice box" to mean refrigerator. ?ÿ ?ÿ However, we do say "Car" ... which is ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you operate ?

@OleManRiver Of course I think this is a good idea.?ÿ However, I "literally" share the same military background as you.?ÿ As much as I think all of t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For a Luddite

@james-fleming?ÿ On your way down that highway ... have you ever stopped at the battleship?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For a Luddite

@james-fleming?ÿ I used to work at an Surveying/Engineering firm right there on the river.?ÿ Makes me wonder if they're doing the hydro work.?ÿ ?ÿEit...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For a Luddite

I do occasionally loves me some technology.?ÿ Daily updates in .kmz format of my bathymetric survey subconsultant's progress -- attachment is not ava...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Resetting Destroyed Property Corners

And for all that is holy upgrade your GPS to something that doesn't bug out whenever you get within 50 feet of a tree. @BStrandI can't afford it.?ÿ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Resetting Destroyed Property Corners

@jon-payne The run of the creek is the back line of the property.?ÿ

4 years ago
Page 4 / 16