AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: How to Mean a BS-FS-FS-BS Angle Set

Where do you get the 30.5" from in the?ÿmean D&R column? Also, I remember doing some additional math if the direct angle to the foresight was >...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Corrections

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ Hopefully the many answers won't be too far behind them!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Corrections

@lukenz?ÿ I'm curious about the wisdom of Topcon for including the geodetic distance in their point-to-point inverse output. How is that data useful ...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 972
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 2276
Reply
RE: Corrections

Is geodetic distance synonymous with grid distance? Baselined as in checked on a calibration range? In 1994 we used a Topcon GTS-4A for an FDOT proj...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Corrections

We had good results so far on our current project with total station distances vs. GPS -derived distances. Points 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 were both within a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

Those are my words. They just want something official like an NGS point.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

@mightymoe?ÿ All kidding aside, I initially agreed with management on the validity of their argument, but the next day I reverted back to my original...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

@jed?ÿ Interesting method. Thanks for sharing!

5 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

@jed?ÿ I can't visualize how you only have to go one direction. We haven't started the traverse yet. It will go a quarter mile north, a quarter mile ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

I have recently discussed this with management. We are starting a traverse on a pair of our GPSed points and ending on a pair of our GPSed points. Man...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Create Section Corner Position Using Only Accessories

I forgot to add this quote with the 2 pictures. It appears that the placement of the 3 nails and discs were well planned.

5 years ago
Page 37 / 80