Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Similar misleading paragraphs in most of the texts.?ÿ All the author is trying to say is that if the description is detailed and based on a detailed s...
If a boundary survey, helps if your contract clearly states client is purchasing a "professional opinion".?ÿ But I agree, mass mailing of dispute is p...
It's required under State MWBE programs.?ÿ The idea was to help those who didn't have the expertise get it.?ÿ Originally, after 10 years the certifica...
Never given testimony where opposing counsel has not made a point of the fact that I am being paid, hence, my opinion must be biased right? Rules of ...
NY there is and there isn't.?ÿ It would be abandoned, but municipality can reopen without compensation to landowners, if municipality never took offic...
@tom-bushelman That actually makes sense.?ÿ Doesn't sound like a survey description.?ÿ Probably done in an office somewhere. We need an access to this...
centerline of 18 foot wide easement about 300 feet long coming off an existing road, thru serviant parcel to dominant parcel?
@lurker The point I see in relation to this thread is that an agreement is not going to hold up based merely on statements lacking the required backgr...
Problem is agreements are not always agreements. Here's something from Georgia that sounds familiar. ?ÿ
@lurker The way I read it, there's conflicting evidence (as always).?ÿ They found 3 of 4 monuments that agree with the deed and plat.?ÿ They found one...
You say one of them may have a problem signing an affidavit if they find out their acreage is 1/3 acre short.?ÿ So, if I'm following some of these res...
YOu have both original parties in agreement so you could do a corrective deed and have both sign those affidavits. It's a deed reformation.?ÿ But if a...
We regularly check for the "possibility" of wetlands, via field inspection and current online mapping.?ÿ That's something they really need to know. If...
For the legal side, I ended up spending a lot of time doing case briefs on deed interpretation from cases all over the Country.?ÿ If there's a weak po...
@dougie I guess I don't see much difference between how much land you have rights to under a deed, and how much other land you have rights to under an...
@dougie I don't know. Attorneys argue for legal outcomes that benefit their clients.?ÿ Surveyor's generally give an non-biased opinion of the legal ou...
why couldn't a surveyor give their professional opinion that it's an implied easement??ÿ Don't we do that with the boundary itself? Surveyor's opinion...
@allen-wrench But how do you know when it's done? Turn on option to flash bottom light to let you know.
Delivery constructively takes place on the filing.?ÿ Acceptance is then a rebuttable presumption.?ÿ If an issue arises the grantee would merely need t...