AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Before Modern Surveyors

I'll take a look for it.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Before Modern Surveyors

Much of the time I'm retracing work done in chains. Never used one, although I have used a staff compass.?ÿ One of the regional surveyors associations...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Dispute

Well, finding and deciphering things is what people pay me for.?ÿ Looks like you're in NY, and I'm licensed in NY.?ÿ So if you want a real investigati...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Dispute

If I were you I'd accept the offer before it's withdrawn.?ÿ The survey shows the line "4' easterly" of your building.?ÿ Assuming it's the same buildin...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Dispute

So the neighbor has been accessing the brook over your land.?ÿ Why do you all of a sudden have a problem with that, and how much is it worth to you to...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Line Dispute

You have a line parallel with the east side of the building and 4 feet off it.?ÿ Locate the building and offset the line 4 feet.?ÿ Extend it to the br...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: The 4 Things You Need To Know Before Hiring A Surveyor

It's from the UK.?ÿ If I recall, in case of dispute the court appoints a surveyor.?ÿ That surveyors findings are end of argument. Here, due process do...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Simple angle error/sig digit question

I agree with the text that "this is not so".?ÿ They don't make the point very well though.?ÿ From an evidentiary standpoint, significant digits is the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Filing fee

More to it in some places judging by the posts.?ÿ But around here it takes 15 minutes to half hour getting cursory review in map room, then wait in li...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello everyone! Looking to get into residential surveying

Having fun/sarcasm aside.?ÿ Looks to me like 12-15 semester hour credits at community college might do it for you.?ÿ "Board approved" degrees could in...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Inflating Invoice

If I'm the seller, why should I care about (or pay for) appraisals, inspections, surveys??ÿ I'm moving on.?ÿ The inspectors and appraisers are control...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello everyone! Looking to get into residential surveying

Well sure, but you get paid a lot more than Doctors.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello everyone! Looking to get into residential surveying

I recommend you pick up a good novel and read it on your time off on the weekends:) ?ÿ

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 834
Reply
RE: TBPLS no more

I don't know if the workflow is so different.?ÿ I prefer the client has a separate contract with the Engineering firm, mostly because of liability rea...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: TBPLS no more

Sorry Glenn, didn't mean to be an ass. This topic is just frustrating after so many years.?ÿ Engineers think "if it can be done, we (not necessarily I...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: TBPLS no more

The combined boards have had some of the same problems.?ÿ In NY there's a special office for investigating the professions. They do the work and repor...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I have a debate question for the big brains

In NY the authorities don't really consider Land Surveyors to be Professionals.?ÿ They are more of a skilled trade like an Electrician.?ÿ Degrees, LSI...

8 years ago
Page 17 / 97