AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Question on Client - Surveyor Relationship

Had a similar situation first year in business (1996).?ÿ Did B with their full knowledge I had just done A, and despite my advice that he may want a s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SPCS 2022 - Get Involved

No revision of boundary law would be needed.  I don't get why people think a revision of law would be needed.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Taxes

Assuming you set it up for tax purposes as a sole proprietor, then you need to use schedule c in your personal taxes.?ÿ But i would wait till next yea...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a boundary completed by others

So, you get the map, draw some lines on it with your best crayon. Hand it back. Tell em to come back for further discussion if it isn't approved.?ÿ I ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Go home GNSS / OPUS, your drunk.....

I've been getting 10-15 feet between autonomous and post processed verticals past couple weeks.?ÿ That's a lot more than normal.?ÿ Haven't tied into a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

You can't prorate, there's nothing to prorate.  I think that's probably the purpose of this question.  Can the test taker recognize when not...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

Having read again, I don't see why correct answer is not #1.?ÿ In the case of a witness corner there was no monument set at the corner because it coul...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

No, just wasn't paying attention. Note to self: no test questions before coffee.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

oops didn't read the second page.  will have to see what NY has done with this, but links to ny laws I had don't work anymore and all I find is u...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Caltrans LS and LSIT video and workbook question explanation

It's an interior corner so should be a double proportion.?ÿ Points 11 and 8, and point 7 and ....... nothing to go with it.?ÿ Go back to the field and...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest recommended GPS system?

Engineering/topo surveys need to be better than?ÿ Boundary in my area.?ÿ If you want to replace conventional methods with GNSS in this regard, you wou...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

Yep, but I think 1290 is a bit early.  My notes say 1535 statute of uses led to the rule. At any rate, I think it's a good rule.  But on the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

CA code shows they adopted the uniform RAP statute, which excepts anything authorized by other statutes.  The IOD appears to be one of those lega...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

I argue there's more in common than different, especially considering surveying.  RAP is clearly into lawyer territory, but still interesting for...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

I imagine there's some statute that allows that, if that's the way they commonly do it.  But it's also the overuse of these kinds of executory in...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

If an easement was taken then it came into existence at the time, so the rule wouldn't apply.  You might look at abandonment of easement; the har...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Reliance Letter

If it's for the same transaction and they just changed financing or something, then I think it's fair to do.?ÿ However, I would revise their wording.?...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Conference Competition Help

An exercise designed by the ancients to see if an old surveying method is still being taught.?ÿ I would guess not so much, due to modern technology.?ÿ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: An Easement to Yourself

In NY unopened paper streets on a subdivision map have been determined to be private easements for those lots bordering it.  Still not an easemen...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Merger of Title Case from Colorado

That would support the idea that one could write a document promising to include an easement if the lot is ever sold.  Then when no easement is i...

8 years ago
Page 15 / 97