Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Easy enough to just say it was accidental, as in many cases with machinery. Ok, you talked me out of criminal charges. Make civil, and even if acciden...
...I also understand why people scale about a point central to the project and don’t truncate. Doing so leaves a survey that will fit to GIS planning ...
Has anyone ever been fined ever in the history of monuments? Make it $25,000 and enforce it. But I digress
This old surveyor was including grid coordinates 24 years ago to aid in recovery.Never used to do anything with SPC. Purposely kept off of it. Moved ...
resolves you of any responsibility Did you mean "...revolves you..."
regardless of the size of the lot. You want to put a 40' wide house on a 50' lot with 5' setback from the line and minimum 15' from another house (I h...
When screwing the rod onto a prism assembly or the GPS head – keep a firm grip on the gps head and turn the rod. If one has to be fumbled, I’d prefer ...
Specific Tip: Know safety and pay attention to safety briefs and lessons. Your #1 job is to come home safely to your family. There is precisely ONE PE...
No matter how much you think having a good tripod is critical to precise work...you are underestimating it. Keep the tripod adjusted and well taken ca...
What are you going to run it with (software wise)? I agree that it is "greasy" of Carlson. If you live in the northern areas of the US, they may still...
When we are “finders of facts”, in most situations, our “facts” are what we have found, recorded and illustrated based on our interpretation of the ev...
I’m of the opinion that ALTA surveys are often a pale shadow of more comprehensive retracements. For a number of reasons, but mostly because they are ...
1) Where does it say, anywhere, that we have the legal authority to apply case law and/doctrines to decide where lines are when it comes to possession...
There is nothing that says “cheap” like some of the tawdry tat offered up by certain equipment manufacturers. It was interesting that one of the big m...
I contacted the state board about this and laid out the details in an email with attachments. They replied to me quickly but were clueless as to what ...
Which state board is "Our Board?"?
BTW, if you are in the Civil3d world, ACAD has a solution in ReCap for processing photogrammetry.