AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: What is undercutting?

Develop the client...why are they shopping your signed contract? Price is never the issue. The issue is always value and cost is only part of what m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Spiral Offset Descriptions

Most descriptions I see in this case simply state "South of Hwy" or "NE along the margin of Hwy" or simply except out the Hwy (and you are lucky if yo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Are eastings/northings values or lines?

I think folks are getting hung up on the projection piece. We NEVER get hung up on this sort of thing!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Are eastings/northings values or lines?

There are all sorts of coordinate systems. My Northing and Eastings may or may not result in true (whatever that means to you) North - South direction...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

Why shouldn't your survey be used by others? If you're the first surveyor to completely break down a section, shouldn't all current and future landown...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvPC 7.0 upgrade?

Now I can not find how to disable it! I like overwriting point numbers if a mistake was made, rod height usually, and with averaging enabled it does n...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: County Surveyor

@holy-cow : Fifty-three years ago when I applied for my license an applicant had to be 25 years old. That and 20 years experience would make someone 4...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 512
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 777
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

in the Fayetteville area your probably looking at $1000-$1800 for a lot survey. This survey could be had for $500 all day long within 45 minutes ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: If you can live with this, don't apply for a job here.

Starting your day getting into an elevator is a good sign that things suck. The random buttons only make it weirder.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

If the OP had posted the specific details of the location, given how this forum works, most of the research and investigation work would already be co...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

We do, indeed, need to charge more. But perhaps not for immediate gratification. We need to charge more for the long term good of the profession. To b...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to find a surveyor for the past 9 months!

Posted by: @gstritter I still haven’t found anyone to do the survey yet! If you're just looking for someone to tell you who owns the street; ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New Hampshire License Free-For-All?

@jon-payne Another failure by those goofballs is lumping occupational and professional licensing together.. I think perhaps we have done this to ou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Info

Nah, I haven't done homework in 65 years. This is research for The Evergreen State Surveyor magazine. LOL, well, I never did do homework...thus a ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Info

@bstrand Spot on. It is common to see surveys recorded much earlier in some counties. Well, plats of subdvisions are surveys. I am trying to think ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Need Info

I just need the other 11. Is this a homework assignment?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Auto levels and long distance readings, accurate?

@bill93 , et al… And GeeOddMike just demonstrates yet another reason that "trig" levels can be superior in some cases.

3 years ago
Page 18 / 155