AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
davidgstoll
davidgstoll
@davidgstoll
Free
Joined: November 18, 2012 6:23 am
Last seen: August 1, 2026 2:11 pm
Topics: 40 / Replies: 609
Reply
RE: Datum Reference Frames

Shawn,"So you're better off, in my opinion, using locally established offsets between HARN and current CORS NAD83(2011), if you want to get all of the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Reference Frames

Thanks All! You've been most helpful.Gavin,Thanks for the link. I got confused and thought you were Kris. I'm feeling my way around the new site. I mi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Reference Frames

Kris,Great. Now I also have to worry about "Absolute Antenna Calibrations", whatever those are."The absolute antenna calibrations may differ from corr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Reference Frames

Melita,A good idea, but I don't know how to go about getting answers I trust. Civil 3D's HARN and NSRS definitions are wonky. My attempts thus far hav...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Reference Frames

Thanks Kris. I've heard there's little difference between CORS96 and NSRS11, but how about the difference between NAD83(86)[Classic?] and NSRS11? I've...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 3344
Reply
RE: United States CAD File.

PPM,Specifically, what CAD? If AutoCAD, then Vanilla, C3D, Map? If you've got C3D or Map, then there are tons of GIS shapefiles freely available. Ther...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Static Survey

WJ,You don't need the TSC2. Just turn on the 5700 and let it "cook" for a few hours. You can then download the two necessary files from the 5700 and s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TSC 2 Key Pad Replacement?

Swag,You probably saw this company on eBay:Dave

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Excellent RTK Survey on Perfect Site

Relative ExactnessKent,"...relative exactness..."???A new Kent-ism!Dave

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Excellent RTK Survey on Perfect Site

"Blaming His Tools"Kent,"...comparisons of record to actual..."Is there any reason to assume that YOUR measurements are superior to another surveyor's...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 957
Reply
RE: Saw the MH inv. measurement thread; what about storm inlets?

Storm inlets aren't flat like manhole covers, so creativity is called for. I like to tip the grate back, add the dip to my rod height, and take the sh...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Terrestrial Reference Frames

John:"So, if you had NAD83 (2011) it would be the same as having ITRF08 and then applying the transformation twice."So how would you know if it is app...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Terrestrial Reference Frames

Thanks, Lee. I'm still chewing on all this.Dave

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1208
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

Jimmy,That is a good worksheet on the ChrisNik website:Dave

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

Franz,1. A mirror works better than a flashlight. I carry one just for dipping manholes.2. Redirect traffic with lots of cones. Helps to have a partne...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Autodesk - End of Perpetual License

Bogging Down a DrawingJim,Never used it, so I don't know what might bog IntelliCAD, but I do know what bogs AutoCAD down--large TIFF's and attached PD...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Disk Stamping Jig

Even better, if you mounted an old IBM Selectric typewriter, you could just type the letters and numbers.

11 years ago
Page 3 / 33