Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: January 20, 2026 5:20 pm
ToleranceI was told on one job that distances could be a meter long, but not a centimeter short.
Set your tripod up first and set it up level over the point.Then measure down through the hole to get the height of the tripod.After setting up the in...
I think Bill hit the nail on the head: they are quadrants. Are they Hewlett-Packard quadrant notations or trigonometry notations?(One goes clockwise ...
I was told one time by an extremely anal retentive checker that lot splits in his city had to close within 1:100,000, and that with today's modern equ...
Thanks, Ladd......but that only works when you are NOT data collecting and only on the "generic" file (Is that the one I entered on the first job? It...
How come this thread isn't titled "...rooves"?Hoof--> hooves, why not roof--> rooves?
I know an LS who has a realtor license and is also a lawyer!
Why are there so many gin/cotton spindle spikes in the world?Do they only get used once in whatever they are made for?They look expensive to make, too...
I had a helper once who could dig huge holes and then finally spot it stuck in the side of the hole. And that was with the help of a metal detector!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguisable from magic." -A.C. Clarke"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a r...