AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
conrad
conrad
@conrad
Free
Joined: July 13, 2012 4:20 am
Topics: 18 / Replies: 497
Reply
RE: Nodal Point Prisms and robots

Posted by: John Hamilton I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were misquoted in the article. But even if they meant 1/1000 of a f...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Nodal Point Prisms and robots

Posted by: eddycreek ?ÿ 1. At those distances, will a nodal point prism permanently located at each control point increase the accuracy of the setup, ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why have a Tribrach with an optical plummet?!

Posted by: fobos8 these Leica carriers rotate and look quiet good They are the ones I was referring to. Stated Prism centring accuracy of 1mm. I have...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why have a Tribrach with an optical plummet?!

Posted by: fobos8 Hi Conrad. Okay, what I should have written was that in my opinion you can't check a tribrach with optical plummet easily in the fie...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why have a Tribrach with an optical plummet?!

Posted by: fobos8 Posted by: Conrad if you are worried about your tribrachs then check them as often as you like in the field, and then stop worrying....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why have a Tribrach with an optical plummet?!

Posted by: fobos8 I started a post recently about something else and it led to wondering "why have a Tribrach with an optical plummet" My current trib...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Poor first impressions of Trimble S7

Posted by: fobos8 the instrument can be rocked at each corner of the tribrach by a few mm until it stops hard against the limiting brackets/plates. do...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Poor first impressions of Trimble S7

Posted by: crid54 ...the tribrach it comes with goes into the "junk box". It is disappointing to have an expensive piece of equipment come with junk a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Poor first impressions of Trimble S7

Posted by: fobos8 Hi Guys My Trimble S7 arrived today and I'm not really impressed with what I've seen so far. The tripod is wobbly/flimsy but worst i...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Who'd like to go compare a R10 to a Javad?

was this test 'ground-truthed' in the end?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How accurate is your total station?

R.J. Schneider, post: 454091, member: 409 wrote: This was the 4x encoder reading ??no, 4 read heads are employed in leica's top-of-the-line models. ac...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How accurate is your total station?

Bill93, post: 454064, member: 87 wrote: If I recall correctly, Conrad was working under very well controlled conditions and found that a major source ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why buy a Leica over Geomax

Totalsurv, post: 454056, member: 8202 wrote: I presume ignorant wasn't the word you were looking for. I wouldn't describe someone as ignorant because ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How accurate is your total station?

Scott Zelenak, post: 454053, member: 327 wrote: I hate disagreeing with Conrad.In fact, I agree with his assessment of Lieca total stations.His testin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why buy a Leica over Geomax

Totalsurv, post: 453957, member: 8202 wrote: Can those of you who use these robotic instruments tell me why anybody would buy a Leica over a Geomax.Se...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How accurate is your total station?

Scott Zelenak, post: 453977, member: 327 wrote: But you don't get 5 second precision until you've turned two direct and reverse sets.For the modern le...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How accurate is your total station?

fobos8, post: 453974, member: 13166 wrote: Hi guysI'm going to be buying a robotic total station soon (second hand) and I'm not sure if to get 1", 3" ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does +/- 1SD Mean In Surveying?

Steward Souten, post: 453169, member: 12714 wrote: Hi ConradThank you for your input.I have to be honest I am surprised that there isn't a definitive ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does +/- 1SD Mean In Surveying?

Steward Souten, post: 452146, member: 12714 wrote: 1) If I randomly pick a measurement from my data set then there is a 68.269% ch...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In honor of Monty Hall, we present the M.H. L.S. problem...

Holy Cow, post: 449656, member: 50 wrote: But if you picked the winning door he is still going to show you a losing door because that's all he has lef...

9 years ago
Page 1 / 26